none
"Hide in Software Center and all notifications" still showing application in Software Center during Required deployment RRS feed

• Question

•  "Hide in Software Center and all notifications" does not appear to be working as intended for a required application deployment to a computer based collection. I want to cache an application on workstations for example starting today by making it available immediately and set it a deployment deadline a week from now. When choosing  "Hide in Software Center and all notifications," in the above example,  users see the application in Software Center as soon as it becomes available with the deadline date/time listed and can install it. Am I missing something or is this a bug or misconfiguration? What is the best solution in the above scenario to prevent users from installing prematurely?

• Edited by onguards Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:53 AM additional info
    Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Onguards,

One of the workaround is that, changing the logon requirement to "No User sign-in".

And change back to "whether user sign-in or no" manually when it's deadline.

Isaac

Sunday, June 21, 2020 9:26 AM
  • I've never heard of anyone having this issue and I've never seen it myself.

Have you 100% validated that the deployment is set to hide and that no other deployments are applicable to the systems?

Are you targeting users or devices?

If you can reliably reproduce this, you should open a case with Microsoft and file a bug as this is not expected or by design behavior.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Monday, June 22, 2020 1:06 AM
  • Hi,

Agree with Jason. First we should verify and ensure that we have selected the option to Hide in Software Center and all notifications on the User Experience tab of the deployment's properties. For more information, see:
    Deployment User Experience settings.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2020 7:32 AM