none
Microsoft Office 2019 patches via SCCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been checking Microsoft articles and as far as I understand, there are no security updates for MS Office 2019, which can be controlled via SCCM. These security updates would either be auto deployed from Content Delivery network or we have to manually copy the patches to a folder from where they could pick up?

Is that so, or if there is any way to ensure that the patches are deployed via SCCM, since the manual process for making patches available at shared folder would not be efficient as well as auto update every month can also be a problem as there could a problem in case of a problematic security patch auto deployed, along with network concerns.

Thanks!

Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can manage Office 365 client updates by using the software update management workflow. When Microsoft publishes a new Office 365 client update to the Office Content Delivery Network (CDN), Microsoft also publishes an update package to Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). After Configuration Manager synchronizes the Office 365 client update from the WSUS catalog to the site server, the update is available to deploy to clients.
    For more details, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/sum/deploy-use/manage-office-365-proplus-updates#deploy-office-365-updates

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2020 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

Since updates are cumulative and already included in the latest version of Office 2019 on the Office CDN, you don’t use Microsoft Updates or Windows Server Updates Services (WSUS) to update Office 2019. But you can use Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to help you deploy and manage updates to Office 2019, including controlling when and from where updates are applied.
    You can also use enterprise software deployment tools, such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, to help you update Office 2019.

For more details, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/office2019/update#configure-where-office-2019-gets-updates-from

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2020 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

Since updates are cumulative and already included in the latest version of Office 2019 on the Office CDN, you don’t use Microsoft Updates or Windows Server Updates Services (WSUS) to update Office 2019. But you can use Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to help you deploy and manage updates to Office 2019, including controlling when and from where updates are applied.
    You can also use enterprise software deployment tools, such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, to help you update Office 2019.

For more details, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/office2019/update#configure-where-office-2019-gets-updates-from

Best regards,
    Larry

Hello Larry_z,

I did check that weblink, however all i can find is that we can use a share folder which can utilized to update Office and we can utilize Endpoint Configuration Manager for that. However, i cannot find the process to how to do that since I do not find any Office 2019 updates in my console anywhere.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 11:34 AM
  • Anyone ?
    Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:05 AM