none
Most recent Windows update knocks out my printer... RRS feed

• Question

• The most recent Windows update has made it to where my printer will not respond at all.  I could not get anything to print correctly.  After numerous attempts to reinstall the printer driver, update the driver, and everything else I could think of to no avail I decided to do a system restore.  So last week before I left work I did a system restore to the way my system was on May 5, 2013 and my printer began working fine.  Then over the weekend, Windows decided that I needed these updates and reinstalled them (I know what your saying-Turn off automatic updates, and I have) But how can I tell which update is causing this problem so I can uninstall just the problem update instead of doing another system restore???  
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:52 PM

Answers

• For a problem such as this you should contact the publisher of the print driver software and advise them of the problem.  This is not a rare occurrence and the publisher of the print driver software will have to look into the problem.  I have gotten updated driver and application software many times over the years when Windows updates make a small change and the software publisher must make the necessary changes to their software.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by LThompson79 Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:40 PM

All replies

• For a problem such as this you should contact the publisher of the print driver software and advise them of the problem.  This is not a rare occurrence and the publisher of the print driver software will have to look into the problem.  I have gotten updated driver and application software many times over the years when Windows updates make a small change and the software publisher must make the necessary changes to their software.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by LThompson79 Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:40 PM
  • I'm confused I thought this was a solution.  If that is the answer and if you ask Publisher usually is Microsoft using its own generic driver so lets see.  My OS gets a update, I can't print effecting my hours spent on a solution that point fingers to publisher, that worked great until Windows pushed an update.  I still can not print!
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:49 PM