none
ACT 5.6 Data Collector finished running but no data under reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i get the following error log after the data collection package has been executed on a client machine.  I was able to right click the data collection package from the ACT console, and was able to see the collection package was still running.  However when i click the analyze node after the data collection package has run through it's execute time, there is no data.  Going through the failed logs i found this entry, however i do not know what the error code means.  Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Message="Scheduled agents finished collecting and uploading data" AgentName="ACT Data Collector" ErrorCode="1073742848

Monday, May 13, 2013 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex, i actually abandoned ACT.  All i needed was an application inventory.  I was able to install/setup MAP Toolkit 8.0, and i was able to get my inventory.  I appreciate your responses.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you check this issue as the following steps:

1. After you collect your inventory and  Compatibility Data, you can synchronize your data and review the updated issue data for your applications, you can refer to this tutorial:

Collecting Your Inventory and Compatibility Data

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722025(v=ws.10).aspx

2. Make sure you can upload file to the ACT log share:

Troubleshooting the ACT Log Processing Service

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825273.aspx

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any update?

Alex Zhao

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Hi Alex, i actually abandoned ACT.  All i needed was an application inventory.  I was able to install/setup MAP Toolkit 8.0, and i was able to get my inventory.  I appreciate your responses.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

Ok, that’s a good alternative, if you have any question, please feel free to post in forum.

Alex Zhao

Monday, May 20, 2013 1:04 AM