none
Deploy SNMP feature via WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings

first of all, sorry, english is not my mother tongue.

I'm facing an issue with SNMP feature used for monitoring purpose for Windows 10 1809.

Before 1809 everything worked fine but now i'm deploying 1809 version that does not include SNMP feature anymore.

It's now very hard for me to install snmp feature thanks to powershell command (see link below) because i do not have access to microsoft servers in my company. For me, the only way to install updates is from WSUS.

Does anyone know a way to deploy SNMP feature by WSUS ?

I do not find any kb related to snmp when i sync wsus.

thanks

regards

Here's the link containing the powershell way to install snmp feature on 1809 : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/bf4ee74e-8f78-4ee1-8f61-b7339a5f3bf0/windows-10-1809-snmp-adding-from-the-command-line?forum=win10itprogeneral ).

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:19 AM

All replies

• thanks for answering

does anyone kknow how to get SNMP sources (cab file or anything) so i can install manually ?

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:58 PM
  • Looks like SNMP is dead.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snmp-missing-from-windows-features-in-windows-10/6a22f52b-3a88-419c-a54e-d26f18cbafee

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-R2-and-2012/hh831568(v=ws.11)

SNMP

SNMP is deprecated. Instead, use the Common Information Model (CIM), which is supported by the WS-Management web services protocol and implemented as Windows Remote Management.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:59 PM
  • hell, i hope it's not ! If so, i'm in serious trouble.

I juste managed to install SNMP on 1809 but it's incredibly difficult (in my specific case)

i will soon have to migrate all my computers to 1809 and i need SNMP =/

i'm still searching, hoping a miracle

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:27 PM
  • what kills me is that, in wsus server, i can deploy some features like netfx3 :

i cannot find bloody snmp !!!

Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hi Benjamin,

As everyone replied, SNMP feature may not be directly added to Windows 10 Version 1809. The most straightforward way is to bypass WSUS and connect directly to the Microsoft server for adding.

Or I have such an idea. Perhaps we can get offline deployment with the DISM tool by getting a complete image of Windows 10 Version 1809. The rough steps are like this:

1. Prepare an image (.wim), which is a full-featured Windows 10 Version 1809.

2. Mount the image to a specified location with the following command.
      > Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:D:\windows 10 imagename.wim  /Name:"Windows 10 versionname(Pro/Edu...)" /MountDir:D:\test\ /readonly
      (Assuming the image is on the D drive, the installation location is the D:\test)

3. Try adding offline features with the following two methods:

[Option 1]
      Using PowerShell for the admin role, execute the following command:
      >  Get-WindowsCapability -Path "D:\test" -Name "SNMP.Client~~~~0.0.1.0"
      >  Add-WindowsCapability -Path "D:\test" -Name "SNMP.Client~~~~0.0.1.0"

[Option 2]
      Using the CMD of the Admin role, execute the following command:
      >  Dism.exe /Image:D:\test /enable-feature /featurename:SNMP /Source:D:\test
      (Assuming the image is on the D drive, the installation location is the D:\test)

The above is just one of my ideas, I hope this can inspire you.

Regards,
    Yic Lv

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 10:02 AM