none
Every time I booted my PC an unidentified (public) network would pop up along with my home network--Lars Tornquist's solution was the answer RRS feed

• Question

• I was going crazy trying to figure out WHY every time that I booted up my computer (or rebooted) running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit that an "unidentified network" --a public network--would appear along with my normal home network as a local area connection, and, until I would disable the unidentified network and then reestablish my home network (both would become disabled) by using the Microsoft troubleshooter and fixing the problem "as an administrator."  I didn't want to have to keep doing this every time that I booted up my PC, so I called AT&T (since I have an AT&T modem/router for AT&T U verse internet and TV service) and all they could do was send me a new router--which I did NOT want to have to set up and then reestablish wireless links with al, of my wireless things like my printer, my Roku on my TV, etc.  SO, tonight I used Google and, on this Microsoft technet site I found the answer!  Someone named Lars Tornquist stated that all one had to do was to go to Start menu, type in "msconfig" and then go to the System Configuration box that pops up, go to the Services tab and uncheck "##Id_String1.6844F930._1628_".  It worked like a charm!  (For those who read all of the other solutions and comments, I DO have Photoshop CS3 on my computer (along with all of the Adobe CS3 software programs as I have the Adobe Master Collection installed on my hard drive) and possibly that might have initiated the problem, as some suggested.  I did NOT have Apple's "Bonjour" on my computer (as some said THAT was the culprit).  All I know is that it worked and I no longer have that damn "Unidentified Network" popping up anymore.  THANK YOU, Lars!
    Monday, April 24, 2017 6:47 AM

All replies

• Glad to hear this issue has been solved by yourself. Thanks for sharing, I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition. Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful:)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:27 AM