none
How many CMG's can be configured for 1 Azure AD Tenant RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Team,

My organization is migrating from an old SCCM server (SCCM 1810, OS Server 2016) to a new server (SCCM 1906, OS Server 2016).  We currently have on CMG for our SCCM 1810 server.  We would like to setup a CMG for our new SCCM 1906 to push out the 1906 CM agent upgrade.  However, when setting up the second CMG we ran into an error we have not seen before. 

Another object with the same value for property identifierUris already exists

I have read that the central administration server can have multiple CMG's however, my question is the Azure Tenant.  We currently only have one created.  Can we have multiple CMG web apps configured on the same Azure Tenant for two different SCCM sites?

FYI - we are using different names for the apps.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:38 PM

All replies

• Multiple are possible, there's no explicit limit. 

When exactly is the error occurring? When configuring the Server and client app? If so, you need to change the URL/URI for the apps as that must also be unique.

What's the purpose of the migration here? 

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 9:00 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response.  Our current Server has been becoming unstable.  We felt it would be good to rebuild the machine completely and upgrade to 1906 to start implementing more Modern Management and Co-Management with InTune.  I will let you  know if that fixes the issue.  

Thanks

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:02 PM
  • So why not just backup and restore the site to a new server instead of migrating which won't migrate everything and will require a lot of additional work including recreating your CMG, redeploying clients, recreating client settings, and more?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:12 AM
  • Hi,

Configuration Manager's Azure service for Cloud management supports multiple tenants. Multiple Configuration Manager sites can connect to the same tenant. A single site can deploy multiple CMG services into different subscriptions. Multiple sites can deploy CMG services into the same subscription. Configuration Manager provides flexibility depending upon your environment and business requirements.
    For more information, see the following FAQ:
    Do the user accounts have to be in the same Azure AD tenant as the tenant associated with the subscription that hosts the CMG cloud service?

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the above reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 8:11 AM