none
.NET Framework 4.7.2 install fails on Windows 8.1 - Cannot find object or property - 0x80092004 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application upgrade coming in June that will require .NET Framework 4.7.2. I currently have 4.7 installed and am unable to upgrade to 4.7.2 on Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Installation fails with "Cannot find object or property" error message (0x80092004). I have tried all of the suggestions I can find with a Google search, but nothing seems to work. PC is fully patched according to WSUS, but I do not see KB4054542 listed under installed updates. Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Edited by jmsmath Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To resolve this, you could download the updates files from the Microsoft Update Catalog, and fully uninstall, then re-install the problematic updates.

You may refer to the following similar issue for solutions:

https://www.stephenwagner.com/2018/08/21/windows-server-2012-r2-net-windows-updates-fail-error-0x80092004/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

When you use the method above ,you’ll need to use the ones specific for Windows 8.1. You may have to download different update files if you need to select a different entry.

The instructions should remain the same, however you’ll need to update the uninstall and install commands to reflect the commands for Windows 8.1.

Hope these can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jmsmath Monday, April 22, 2019 7:10 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To resolve this, you could download the updates files from the Microsoft Update Catalog, and fully uninstall, then re-install the problematic updates.

https://www.stephenwagner.com/2018/08/21/windows-server-2012-r2-net-windows-updates-fail-error-0x80092004/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

When you use the method above ,you’ll need to use the ones specific for Windows 8.1. You may have to download different update files if you need to select a different entry.

The instructions should remain the same, however you’ll need to update the uninstall and install commands to reflect the commands for Windows 8.1.

Hope these can help you.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jmsmath Monday, April 22, 2019 7:10 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

Hope these can help you.

I had tried this solution a couple of weeks ago and could never get it to work. I revisited it today and it worked! I don't know what I was doing wrong previously, but it's working now. Thank you!
    Monday, April 22, 2019 7:10 PM