pictures gone RRS feed

• Question

• im using windows 7 and have noticed that if I, for example, rotate a picture it goes !  gone, never to be seen again.  I tested this out by re-naming a pic, then rotating it clockwise, it's still in the preview pane but it's gone from the main folder 

I've lost a lot of pictures now - having only just realised what's happening.   

does anyone have any clues what this is all about please ?

Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:02 PM

Answers

• also, I downloaded some pics yesterday and all the ones I turned round have gone... just seems if i change the orientation of a snap w7deletes it for me.  i've done a search and not found anything, even tried the recycle bin.

some really important pics have gone for good, im really upset.   (typically, i clicked on delete after downloading)

thank you for any help

I don't understand why you would click on delete...that will delete the item. Open (right-click and select open) on the Recycle bin on the desktop. Are the photos\files there?

Which application are you using to rotate a picture? The changes will not be saved until you select the save. If you select save as,rename, then the original will remain as well as the changed version.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, July 3, 2011 10:23 AM
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:06 AM
  • use picasa or gimp to rotate those
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:03 AM

All replies

• also, I downloaded some pics yesterday and all the ones I turned round have gone... just seems if i change the orientation of a snap w7deletes it for me.  i've done a search and not found anything, even tried the recycle bin.

some really important pics have gone for good, im really upset.   (typically, i clicked on delete after downloading)

thank you for any help

Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:05 PM

thank you for any help

I don't understand why you would click on delete...that will delete the item. Open (right-click and select open) on the Recycle bin on the desktop. Are the photos\files there?

Which application are you using to rotate a picture? The changes will not be saved until you select the save. If you select save as,rename, then the original will remain as well as the changed version.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:06 AM
  • use picasa or gimp to rotate those
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:03 AM
  • HOW TO SOLVE THE ISSUE!:

The same happened to us - the files are somehow set to 'Hidden' when you rotate them - they are still in your computer, just hidden. This is probably a bug with windows 7. I fixed it by going to the control panel / appearance and personalization / folder options and selected "display hidden files and folders". Then, selected everything in our picture folder (Control + A) right clicked, went to properties, and clicked OFF the 'hidden' attribute. Then, the photos reappeared!

Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:00 PM