none
How to fix stopping-critical issue on HyperV Windows 8.1 Upd RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm constantly facing problem with stoping my VMs, they got frozen at "stopping-critical" status. I'm not able to kill the hosting process because of access denied.

I have fully updated version of Windows 8.1 including recommended fixes for the issue (Windows8.1-KB2887595-v2-x64).

Is there any solution for this?

Friday, May 2, 2014 3:06 AM

Answers

• I had this problem when I had a defined incomming (VPN) connection using one physical NIC shared between the OS and the VM's.

Even in talking to Microsoft, I never did get it resolved other than to either delete the incomming connection, or installing and using a second NIC for the VM's only.  No shared NIC.

So, perhaps you have something else using the host NIC that's stopping things up.  You can test the scenario by starting a VM that has either no NIC, or not attached to the host OS NIC and seeing if it stops okay.

Bob Comer

Friday, May 2, 2014 3:27 AM

All replies

• I had this problem when I had a defined incomming (VPN) connection using one physical NIC shared between the OS and the VM's.

Even in talking to Microsoft, I never did get it resolved other than to either delete the incomming connection, or installing and using a second NIC for the VM's only.  No shared NIC.

So, perhaps you have something else using the host NIC that's stopping things up.  You can test the scenario by starting a VM that has either no NIC, or not attached to the host OS NIC and seeing if it stops okay.

Bob Comer

Friday, May 2, 2014 3:27 AM
  • try to restart the vmms services 
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:28 AM