none
Monitor wont turn off. RRS feed

• Question

• On a fresh install of Windows 7, the monitor wont turn off, and wont sleep, despite the settings for both being reduced to 1 minute for testing purposes. I have found the problem to be a USB device PLTDA60 which is an audio processor for a headset that is used. When it is plugged in, it keeps the monitor on and the computer awake.

I have done "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" and only had the keyboard and mouse returned. I am not sure why this device is keeping the computer awake, but I need it to stop, without removing the device from the computer at any time.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi sourcaffeine,

According to your description, we could use the command “powercfg -energy” to export the html report. We can see the Error or warning related to what has prevented your PC from sleep. Please also post back the report for our research.

Then we could run the command “powercfg -requests”. The Request switch lists application and driver power requests. These requests prevent the computer from powering of the display or entering sleep.

After that we would run the command “powercfg -requestsoverride”, The RequestsOverride switch sets a power request override for a particular process, service or driver. This enables the PC to sleep even when there are current requests that would ordinarily prevent display power-off or sleep.

Also when we find the device prevent the sleep, we could disable it in the Device Manager.

The following example shows the sound card driver with a request preventing system sleep:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

[DRIVER] Microsoft Virtual Machine Audio Device Driver (PCI\VEN_1414&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267a616a&0&60)

An audio stream is currently in use.

AWAYMODE:

None.

This was observed while playing video in Internet Explorer. To stop this activity from blocking system sleep, use the following command:

POWERCFG -RequestsOverride DRIVER "Microsoft Virtual Machine Audio Device Driver (PCI\VEN_1414&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267a616a&0&60)" system

This will override any requests made by the audio driver to block system sleep.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:04 PM