none
cannot print when computer was restarted RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have HP LaserJet Professional P1566 printer installed to a domain connected desktop computer (Windows XP Pro SP3 OS). the printer was shared to the network and all computers connecting to it were all working fine, except to one laptop unit, this laptop was not a domain connected unit it is in a Workgroup but they are all in the Subnet, when doing network sharing the laptop can connect and print without problem but when restarted the laptop can't print whatever i did. I have already updated the latest driver package, and install it to the host computer but no avail. I also tried to edit the registry of the laptop unit to clear everything but the problem still on going. I badly need your assistance, can anybody help me..

appleron

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:04 AM

All replies

• See the Printing Automated Troubleshooter

--
    --
    "appleron" wrote in message news:23ff77af-3a60-40c3-ae74-3f3ab3142476...

I have HP LaserJet Professional P1566 printer installed to a domain connected desktop computer (Windows XP Pro SP3 OS). the printer was shared to the network and all computers connecting to it were all working fine, except to one laptop unit, this laptop was not a domain connected unit it is in a Workgroup but they are all in the Subnet, when doing network sharing the laptop can connect and print without problem but when restarted the laptop can't print whatever i did. I have already updated the latest driver package, and install it to the host computer but no avail. I also tried to edit the registry of the laptop unit to clear everything but the problem still on going. I badly need your assistance, can anybody help me..

appleron

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:20 AM
  • You can try my printer fix I made, sounds like it might be a spooler cache issue.

http://www.darkiq.com/tech/tools/spoolerfix.exe

Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:18 AM