none
Desktop Background Slideshow Transitions RRS feed

• Question

• I have set my Desktop Background to show a Slideshow from a selected folder. I am using two monitors. I have set the pictures to change every 1 minute. I want to add a cross-fade transition to these slides but cannot find a control or option for this (or any) transition.

I am using Windows 10 Pro  Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.529).

Are you able to help please.

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To use transition effect to these slides, please search "advanced system" and run "View advanced system settings". Under "Performance", click Settings, make sure "Animate controls and elements inside Windows" is enabled.

Open Control Panel> Ease of Access > Make the computer easier to see. Here you will see a Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible) setting. Uncheck the box and click Apply.

Alsosome third-party software can be used to set different transition effects, you can refer to the following link:

Perspective for Windows

https://www.gdiobjects.com/products/perspective/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:20 PM
  • Hi, 
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:39 PM