none
HP 1018 Print Problems (Labels + plus any 1018 issues) Laserjet, Drivers, Print Spooler, Connections, Labels Feed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

Wanted to open a Q&A for my problem but also create a possible location for others to find solutions to their problems on the 1018 if not already posted..

PROBLEM:

When my wife prints a page of labels from her laptop to the printer a message does not pop up on my PC asking to insert the label paper into the printer in the manual tray and the printer's light flashes orange.  Printer will not start if I try inserting into the manual tray before starting the print job, after starting the print job, or removing and reinserting after starting the print job.  The printer queue shows the document as printing.  Restart document will not change this.  I have found that if I go into the settings a print a test page, it will then ask me to load the manual tray, I click the "Okay" button and it prints the label and then prints the test page correctly.

She's printing from Word 2007 and I have also checked every setting I can thin of that would set a pause for the label in the printer settings, the configuration, and the settings in Word.

BACKGROUND INFO:

She can print normal pages all day long and there are no problems.  Both computers are Win x64 and can see each other on the network. File and print sharing is turned on for both PCs. Printer config only allows paper choices of manual tray or auto select so I can't choose Main Tray, Tray 1, etc to bypass the manual tray.  No printing problems other than this.  Have tried connection tests, driver tests, etc.  For some reason, my troubleshoot problems will not start in general so I cannot use that option.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, checked for driver updates, etc.  The Print Processor is the HP1020PrintProc with default of IMF.  If you have a suggestion to use RAW or change to hpzzpWN7 is also welcome for general printing.  The printer is showing up on the USB001 | Virtual Printer Port for USB | HP LaserJet 1018.

Any help is appreciated and the previous questions I've looked at don't seem to address this issue..

With Sincere Appreciation,

Jonathan

Ref Original Title (HP 1018 Print Problems (Labels + plus any 1018 issues) Laserjet, Drivers, Print Spooler, Connections, Labels Feed)

• Edited by Jonathan42 Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:31 PM

Answers

• Have you participated in the forum hosted by HP for HP products about this printer?  You will find the forum for the HP Laserjet 1018 @ http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=Laserjet+1018

You will be participating in a community forum where the density of users of this particular printer is much high than it is in a Microsoft forum.  HP has sole responsibility for support of their products.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:45 PM

All replies

• Have you participated in the forum hosted by HP for HP products about this printer?  You will find the forum for the HP Laserjet 1018 @ http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=Laserjet+1018

You will be participating in a community forum where the density of users of this particular printer is much high than it is in a Microsoft forum.  HP has sole responsibility for support of their products.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Thanks for the advice but it is not really helpful to redirect me.  I cannot find a setting in Word to NOT pause the printer.  Obviously the WORD 2007 is sending a message to the printer to pause and therein lies the problem. The HP forum does not contain any information on my problem as well.

I know HP services there stuff and excess information like that is a waste of time as well as annoying.  Please assume we have basic common sense in your answers to people.

Friday, October 18, 2013 7:51 AM
  • If you are having a problem with MS Word, why are you not posting in one of the MS Office forums @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=officeitpro%2Cvisio2010%2Cgrooveserveritpro where it seems would be a much more logical place to discuss MS Word problems.  Or should we not confuse the subject by using logic?

• Edited by Rick Dee Friday, October 18, 2013 11:12 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 11:11 AM