none
VERY Slow content check before the task sequence starts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

we have following env: 1 CAS 5 Primary Sites in Forest A and the Site Servers with MP/SUP/DP in untrusted Forest B.

In the last weeks the pre content check before the task sequence starts is VERY VERY slow.

No changes was made in the infrastructure or network.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:02 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all your comments. I think the error is the very small bandwith from the install location to the primary site server which holds the sql database. I have a MP at the install location, but without a replica of the sccm db. so the mp checks connects to the remote "main" sql db. the customer ordered an upgrade of the WAN connection.

This case can be closed.

Thanks and merry christman! :-)

• Marked as answer by Tom Baumann Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:02 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Could you please kindly advise if you have many packages in your TS?

We can track the pre-cache content process via policyagent.log, datatransferservice.log, datatransfer.log. For more details, please kindly refer to SCCM Task sequence Pre-Cache Content

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? 

I just checked in to see if there are any updates.  Please feel free to feedback and if you have solved the issue, could you please kindly share your solution? This will be helpful for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you for your kindly support.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Thanks for all your comments. I think the error is the very small bandwith from the install location to the primary site server which holds the sql database. I have a MP at the install location, but without a replica of the sccm db. so the mp checks connects to the remote "main" sql db. the customer ordered an upgrade of the WAN connection.

This case can be closed.

Thanks and merry christman! :-)

• Marked as answer by Tom Baumann Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:02 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:01 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Merry Christmas!

Thank you very much for your feedback and glad the issue has been solved. To make our thread clear to read, here is a short summary for it.

Problem/Symptom:
    ===================
    We have 1 CAS 5 Primary Sites in Forest A and the Site Servers with MP/SUP/DP in untrusted Forest B. The pre content check before the task sequence starts is very slow.

Solution:
    ===================
    The issue is caused by the very small bandwith from the install location to the primary site server which holds the sql database.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Friday, December 27, 2019 5:56 AM