none
CANON iP90 driver can not be installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just had Windows 10 Hm upgrade from Win8.1 put on my computer.  After installing various software and hardware Windows went off in search of the up dates created for those older items to work with Win10.  Most of the updates were installed and with a little tinkering I was able to get things going OK. 

One item, Canon iP90 printer had some issues, but I got it working alright now, but I do keep getting a notice that the update for the CANON iP90 could not be installed. 

Seeing how the printer does work I thought I would just go to the folder containing the update and remove that file from the update folder.  But, I can't find the folder where that up date is stashed.

Can someone give me a map? 

Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:38 PM

Answers

• 1. Canon is saying: Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system, the Windows 7 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.

2. What do Device Manager and Event logs say?

Regards

Milos

Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:55 PM

All replies

• 1. Canon is saying: Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system, the Windows 7 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.

2. What do Device Manager and Event logs say?

Regards

Milos

Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:55 PM
  • Try downloading the driver form Canon Asia:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100461304.html

Monday, January 18, 2016 4:59 AM