Need and want old version of sticky notes back RRS feed

• Question

• I have just got new laptop at work. Liked using sticky notes on Windows 7 but in Windows 10 I hate it as I can't add/insert tables. Also the font size is big, some of provided shortcuts like bullets, numbering don't work. Please bring back this functions and let us know when it happens.
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:53 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Since we upgrade to Windows 10 1607, the sticky notes change as Store app, not the desktop app. It changed to have a better support especially for Pen and Touch Screen device. If you have any suggestions about it, open start and search for Feedback and open Feedback App and report it.

I also find there is a way to bring back the old sticky notes, there is a similar case for your reference. Please check Jona333's reply, hope it will be helpful.
    Sticky Notes Functionality Broken by Windows 10 Update
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/94a04847-690f-4984-a0f9-12e0e5150ab1/sticky-notes-functionality-broken-by-windows-10-update?forum=win10itproapps#2764acae-49b7-41cb-a298-ac1bb62bd50c

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:59 AM
  • Rick, thanks for response. Together with our IT department we are trying to do what was written. But 1st problem we didn't have Windows.old as I got totally new laptop with Windows 10 we copied the files mentioned in the link from the old laptop and pasted it on the new one to the mentioned folder. We didn't find any Accessories folder even after unhide the Programs. Tried to run the shortcut from the desktop and it didn't work even if I did that as admin. Please advise how i can get old sticky to my comp back.

Regards,

Ayna.

• Marked as answer by aynafo Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:09 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Hello, Rick. Yes it is not Windows 10. It is Windows 7 where sticky notes were wonderful but in Windows 10 as i mentioned above it is useless. We are using Windows 10 with custom build.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi ,

>>We didn't find any Accessories folder even after unhide the Programs. 
    This folder (Windows Accessories) does exist on my clean installed machine. Please make sure the path is correct and check again.

Best regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:35 AM
  • Hi, 

That is the only way I know that may bring back the classic sticky notes. I have not found any other workaround. I will be sorry if it still not work, The "Sticky notes" does change in Windows 10 version 1607, we could try the submit "Feedback" about this app.

Best regards

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since we upgrade to Windows 10 1607, the sticky notes change as Store app, not the desktop app. It changed to have a better support especially for Pen and Touch Screen device. If you have any suggestions about it, open start and search for Feedback and open Feedback App and report it.

I also find there is a way to bring back the old sticky notes, there is a similar case for your reference. Please check Jona333's reply, hope it will be helpful.
    Sticky Notes Functionality Broken by Windows 10 Update
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/94a04847-690f-4984-a0f9-12e0e5150ab1/sticky-notes-functionality-broken-by-windows-10-update?forum=win10itproapps#2764acae-49b7-41cb-a298-ac1bb62bd50c

Best regards

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:59 AM
  • Rick, thanks for response. Together with our IT department we are trying to do what was written. But 1st problem we didn't have Windows.old as I got totally new laptop with Windows 10 we copied the files mentioned in the link from the old laptop and pasted it on the new one to the mentioned folder. We didn't find any Accessories folder even after unhide the Programs. Tried to run the shortcut from the desktop and it didn't work even if I did that as admin. Please advise how i can get old sticky to my comp back.

Regards,

Ayna.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Hi ,

Please check your old laptop, make sure it is not Windows 10 Version 1607.

Best regards

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Hello, Rick. Yes it is not Windows 10. It is Windows 7 where sticky notes were wonderful but in Windows 10 as i mentioned above it is useless. We are using Windows 10 with custom build.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi ,

>>We didn't find any Accessories folder even after unhide the Programs. 
    This folder (Windows Accessories) does exist on my clean installed machine. Please make sure the path is correct and check again.

Best regards

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:35 AM
  • Hi, 

That is the only way I know that may bring back the classic sticky notes. I have not found any other workaround. I will be sorry if it still not work, The "Sticky notes" does change in Windows 10 version 1607, we could try the submit "Feedback" about this app.

Best regards

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Hello Ricky,

Thanks for support. My computer was reinstalled due to some other issues. I have done again all what was advised on provided link. I have found Accessories link but Sticky Note didn't worked. :(. IS it because i am using Windows 10 with custom build? Or is there any other issue?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Hi ,

It's possible. But, unfortunately, it is not available for me to test your Windows 10 custom build. Considering you reinstalled Windows 10. We could simply choose to not reinstall Windows 10 1607. Install a previous version of Windows 10, which sticky notes is not changed.

Best regards

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:53 AM