none
Keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to this forum and I hope im in the right section for this question, if not I'm sorry and please redirect me to the correct one please.

I'm using my sister's keyboard she was using for her iPad, it's a microlab bluetooth keyboard 5521, and im using an acer aspire 4736Z with windows 7 

the thing is that they F1, F2, F3... are designed to do certain stuff for example i pres f3 and my browser comes up, and f8 for play/stop music, and when im playing anything, lets say wow, i cant play properly because when i press f3 my browser comes up and stuff so my quesiton is how can i change this? is there a way to leave the f1 f2 f3...keys in their natural state? ty

ps: cant use my notebook's keyboard and cant buy another one because this is the perfect size to put it right on top of the keyboard of my notebook in such a way that wont make the keys of my notebook press and if i buy a bigger one i have to put my notebook further and i dont see anything in the screen and no i cant buy another notebookXD

thank you please help

Monday, December 28, 2015 9:07 PM

Answers

• The settings can be changed only in the accompanying software with the drivers, to recognize those special functions. The keyboard you're using is designed for Mac computers and hence, the software may not be available for Windows.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:03 AM
  • Hi SuperPants,

I have read your post. As we known, in Windows, there is no default key to open music or launch browser in the keyboard. The Mac may have different single program when you press the key, but in Windows, the program doesn't exist. Mac and Windows are different operating system.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:12 AM

All replies

• The settings can be changed only in the accompanying software with the drivers, to recognize those special functions. The keyboard you're using is designed for Mac computers and hence, the software may not be available for Windows.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:03 AM
  • Hi SuperPants,

I have read your post. As we known, in Windows, there is no default key to open music or launch browser in the keyboard. The Mac may have different single program when you press the key, but in Windows, the program doesn't exist. Mac and Windows are different operating system.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:12 AM
  • Hi,
    We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.
    Best Regards,
    Simon

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:36 AM