none
GLBSSTUB has caused a general protection Fault in module RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am using Windows Vista Professional Edition

I have this problem when installing one cad software. "GLBBSTUB caused a  General Protection Fault in module ~ GLC0006.TMP at 0003:23BE"

There are solution for this problem for other OS that is to delete the files in the %temp%and it worked for them

but it didnt work for VISTA

Any Advise?

Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:17 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on this article:

http://www.transactive.com.au/support/glbsstub.html

The root cause of this problem should be the legacy version of glbsstub file located in temporary file, I recommend you to use the built-in search engine to search the whole system partition, to confirm if glbsstub is thoroughly removed. (Start – Search – Advanced Search – Check the option “Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)”).

You may also use Disk Cleanup to clean temporary files from all users, if the files are confirmed to be useless.

If the solutions above don’t work, let me know the name of the CAD tool. I’ll check if there is specified workaround for that.

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, February 22, 2008 4:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on this article:

http://www.transactive.com.au/support/glbsstub.html

The root cause of this problem should be the legacy version of glbsstub file located in temporary file, I recommend you to use the built-in search engine to search the whole system partition, to confirm if glbsstub is thoroughly removed. (Start – Search – Advanced Search – Check the option “Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)”).

You may also use Disk Cleanup to clean temporary files from all users, if the files are confirmed to be useless.

If the solutions above don’t work, let me know the name of the CAD tool. I’ll check if there is specified workaround for that.

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, February 22, 2008 4:00 AM
  • Hi Lionel Chen

I was having issues in installing a legacy software in windows 7 xp mode. Your above comments helped me resolve that.

Thank you / Irshad

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:16 AM