none
Problem with Canon driver update for Canon Inkjet iP90 - Error 0x80070012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I upgraded on July 29th from Windows 7 Professional (version N) to Windows 10. The upgrade went OK but there is a small issue that remains and bothers me: the system seems unable to get the upgrade for my portable printer Canon iP90. I tried many times to get the upgrade and I always get the response:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Canon driver update for Canon Inkjet iP90 - Error 0x80070012

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I could do, taking into account that I am far from being expert at computing?

Paolo

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:48 PM

All replies

• I have the same Problem.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:48 PM
  • Hi Paolo,

If there is any application related to the printer, uninstall it first.

Then please uninstall the printer from Device Manager (right click - delete) if it still exists.

Note: If there is no app related to the printer, uninstall it via Device Manager directly.

Reboot and see if the update could be installed now. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Dear Shaon,

Thank you for your suggestion. I shall try and do what you suggested once I am back home: at the moment I am in a hotel room abroad and I prefer avoiding risks in such a 'vulnerable' situation. Once I have tried, over the week-end, I shall report the success or otherwise of the operation.

Paolo

Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:32 AM
  • Dear Shaon,

Thank you for your suggestion. I shall try and do what you suggested once I am back home: at the moment I am in a hotel room abroad and I prefer avoiding risks in such a 'vulnerable' situation. Once I have tried, over the week-end, I shall report the success or otherwise of the operation.

Paolo

Same problem but the printer works with USB.

Bluetooth doesn't.

Expecting an answer from Canon France to which the problem was explain to-day.

Jean(Yves

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:41 AM
  • Hi! I experienced the same problem with my Surface Pro4. Canon iP90 is most important for my work. Do you have a solution?
    Saturday, December 19, 2015 8:54 PM
  • Have same problem with Sony Vaio & Samsung 320. Printer works fine with original Samsung Universal driver 3. And windows try to install Samsung Universal driver 3. Remove driver and do update doesn't works for me. Any idea how to prevent windows to make this unnecessary update? 
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:59 AM
  • I had the same problem. 

Solved by downloading the driver from Canon Asia:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100461304.html

Monday, January 18, 2016 4:57 AM
  • I have a solution, it's to convert to the Mac OS X operating system. I have the same exact printer, and I use it for work, and ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, dumbest mistake I made, the Windows Update system is broken and I get the SAME EXACT ERROR as you. Microsoft doesn't have a solution, which is why they don't know what to do with Windows and have been releasing horrible products after Windows 7 (Vista was bad too). I should have stuck with Windows 7. I use the the Mac OS X operating system and I don't have all these problems, it just works.
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:18 PM
  • I have OSX too and it has all these same type of problems. To suggest it just works is a joke. Take no notice people.
    Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:58 PM
  • TryggveGran  -   Utterly brilliant! Well done and thank you for sharing.
    Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:59 PM
  • Perhaps Canon support will help you

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

M.

Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Thank you... Everything works with the canon Asia drivers... Not sure why they don't just have the same driver on canon America.👍
    Friday, April 8, 2016 1:49 AM
  • This fixed it for me - driver installed on Win10 instantly and all the extra maintainence options and setting appeared. Perfect.

Sunday, April 10, 2016 8:00 PM
  • I had the same problem. 

Solved by downloading the driver from Canon Asia:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100461304.html

Thank you, 5 minutes after reading this, Fixed.
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 11:19 PM