none
User in my company can't receive files in Skype for Business (just her) RRS feed

• Question

• We have Office 365 and users in my office have Skype for Business installed, and we have it federated with our client.  One user in my office can't receive files... she can send just fine.  If any user (including myself) try to send to her it instantly comes back with "Transfer Failed".  She is connected to the same network as the rest of the users, same build of Windows (win 10), same type machine (Lenovo laptop).

I checked her "File Saving" location in options, seems to be a legit path, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling--didn't help.

What else can I try?

Colin

Friday, November 22, 2019 5:20 PM

All replies

• hi

try this :

• First of all, check that the file transfer option is enabled or disabled. If this option is disabled, then no one can help you to send or receive files. That’s why; you should enable the file transfer as soon as possible.
    • You can check the Logs for Errors. Now go to the Tools and then Options. In the Options dialogue box, you will find Help your Skype Support team help you where you have to login. Now you can find the logs in the tracing folder namely “C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\[16.0 or 15.0]\[Skype for Business or Lync]\Tracing . In another logging option, you can find, “Also collect troubleshooting info using Windows Event Logging” where logging data to Window’s event logs can be stored. There you can find error messages like “Error: Improper Shutdown” which may freeze the file transferring.
    • You can run DirectX Diagnostics (dxdiag.exe) on any Window PC easily. To run this click on the Start button and enter dxdiag without any quotation marks in the search box. In the result you will find dxdiag.exe file which you have to click. The DirectX Diagnostics file will scan and show you the result.

http://skype4businessinsider.com/reference/troubleshooting-reference-skype-business-file-transfer-issues/

regards

"Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help" "Marquer comme réponse les réponses qui ont résolu votre problème"

Friday, November 22, 2019 8:37 PM
  • Thanks for the reply-- i know that her file transfer is setup and allowed, as i checked the folder where it saves to as well.

For the other things you've mentioned, would you think to try this on my machine that's sending, or on her machine that's not accepting the file transfer(s)?

Colin

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:56 PM
  • And where actually is the file transfer option set to enable/disable?  When i click on file saving, i only see the option of setting which folder it goes into-- nothing about not allowing this.

Colin

Friday, November 22, 2019 10:00 PM
  • hi,

t will have to be done on the client computer.

have you try this ;
    https://www.tvibrant.com/watch/How-to-solve-file-transfer-failed-in-skype__pOUHzK8Ug0M/

it will also be necessary to see if no restriction is put in place .exe ... etc, file size

"Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help" "Marquer comme réponse les réponses qui ont résolu votre problème"

• Proposed as answer by Rached Chader Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:20 PM
    Saturday, November 23, 2019 6:48 AM
  • Hi Colin D77,

In my research, there is an official document about can’t receive files in Skype for Business Online.

Above all, make sure that the file type being transferred isn’t one of the following lists:

.ade, .adp, .app, .asp, .bas, .bat, .cer, .chm, .cmd, .com, .cpl, .crt, .csh, .exe, .fxp, .grp, .hlp, .hta, .inf, .ins, .isp, .its, .js, .jse, .ksh, .lnk, .mad, .maf, .mag, .mam, .maq, .mar, .mas, .mat, .mau, .mav, .maw, .mda, .mdb, .mde, .mdt, .mdw, .mdz, .msc, .msi, .msp, .mst, .ocx, .ops, .pcd, .pif, .pl, .pnp, .prf, .prg, .pst, .reg, .scf, .scr, .sct, .shb, .shs, .tmp, .url, .vb, .vbe, .vbs, .vsd, .vsmacros, .vss, .vst, .vsw, .ws, .wsc, .wsf, .wsh

Moreover, please check if the firewall blocks the connection.

For more details, please refer to the articles as below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/online-attachments/cant-send-receive-files-attachments

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2409256/you-can-t-connect-to-skype-for-business-online-or-certain-features-don

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi Colin D77,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:21 AM