none
How to split the system and boot volumes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello There,

I have deployed and configured MBAM 2.0, unfortunately I find that most of my client are having Boot and System on Drive C.

So Please help on how to split the system and boot volumes for Windows 7? (a step by step guide will be better).

Thank you

Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:07 AM

Answers

• This is weird: The forum software attributed my reply to "MigrationUser 1", which is totally wrong. Here is my answer again, with a suffix added:

There are no tools native to Windows to do this. If this was my problem then I would run the following experiment, using Acronis Disk Director.

1. Create a clone of the disk, then use this clone for all experiments.
    2. Rename all files and folders in C:\ whose name starts with "boot" so that they no longer play a role in the boot process.
    3. Create a boot partition, preferably at the start of the disk, with these properties:
      File System: NTFS
      Size: 100 MBytes
      Type: Primary
    4. Use your Windows Repair CD to boot the machine into the WRE (Windows Repair Environment).
    5. Use the "Repair" option to create a new set of boot files on the active partition.

Whether this process delivers the desired result I do not know. I hope you will post the result of the experiment!

Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to get a better solution, I also recommend you post a thread in this forum

MBAM forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=mdopmbam

They may provide you with some more valuable information about this issue.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Yolanda

Friday, November 8, 2013 1:55 PM
  • Hi there,

This is windows 7 request, and I believe this forum should help.

Is there any solution for my request?

Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:58 AM
  • There are no tools native to Windows to do this. If this was my problem then I would run the following experiment, using Acronis Disk Director.

2. Rename all files and folders in C:\ whose name starts with "boot" so that they no longer play a role in the boot process.
    3. Create a boot partition, preferably at the start of the disk, with these properties:
    4. Use your Windows Repair CD to boot the machine into the WRE (Windows Repair Environment).
    5. Use the "Repair" option to create a new set of boot files on the active partition.

Whether this process delivers the desired result I do not know.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:18 AM
  • This is weird: The forum software attributed my reply to "MigrationUser 1", which is totally wrong. Here is my answer again, with a suffix added:

There are no tools native to Windows to do this. If this was my problem then I would run the following experiment, using Acronis Disk Director.

Whether this process delivers the desired result I do not know. I hope you will post the result of the experiment!

Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:25 AM