Pre-Release version of Windows 7 Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I m getting this message since yesterday.

This pre-release version of Windows 7 Ultimate will expire in 0 hours

To keep using Windows, back up your files, and then install any edition of Windows 7 Ultimate

but i'm still using this OS search web or played games hourly,nothing happened. When i tyred winver in search box it said version 6.1(Build 7600)

and it was sucessfully windows Genuine on Microsoft webside (i was check lastnight after i got this message)

Is there any1 who can advice me what to do. shall i keep continue using this or reinstall another1. please guys.. help me

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:01 PM

Answers

• That's strange. If winver says "version 6.1 (Build 7600)", then you're using the final version and messages about expiration should not appear at all (RC would be "Build 7100"). As you didn't mention anything about the system shutting down every two hours, that would be a second proof that you are not using the RC. If your indications are correct and nevertheless you receive those messages, I would suspect you had RC before on this machine and didn't delete all remnants from it.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 8:36 AM

All replies

• How did you install the Win7?
    Do you upgrade it from the RC version?

Please check your system version via the system properties again. Right click Computer, and choose properties, then you will see the detail edition.

For Windows 7 RC, the bihourly shutdowns will begin March 1, 2010, and it will expire June 1, 2010. If you are still using the RC version, you'd better to get a RTM version to avoiding the inconvenience.

If the system is RTM version, you'd better run SFC to check if there are system files corrupted. You can refer to the following KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this helps.

John

• Edited by John Cena Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 7:22 AM
  • That's strange. If winver says "version 6.1 (Build 7600)", then you're using the final version and messages about expiration should not appear at all (RC would be "Build 7100"). As you didn't mention anything about the system shutting down every two hours, that would be a second proof that you are not using the RC. If your indications are correct and nevertheless you receive those messages, I would suspect you had RC before on this machine and didn't delete all remnants from it.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 8:36 AM

Yes! you're right. Lastnight, i opened hide folders search and deleted all wind-old and now problem was sovled. It 's strange after i got that's message the PC still used hour and hour without shutting-down. Thanks for reply and help guys.
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 8:32 PM
  • Which files exactly did you delete? I am getting this same message, but like you my machine is not shutting down and is fully functional. I did a fresh install on a formated second hard drive, So there were no old files that I am aware of?
    Friday, March 5, 2010 5:27 AM
  • i do experience bihourly shutdown and the window 7 is now expire. can anybody help with this?
    Sunday, June 6, 2010 5:45 AM
  • it means you have and OEM system builders version of WIN7
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:34 AM