SQL Express 2014 SP3 - Does it support TLS1.2? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

it is unclear for me is the TLS 1.2 supported in SQL Express 2014 SP3? 

I know that TLS 1.2 is supported SQL Express 2016, but it is a big deal for us to upgrede to new server version.

Thanks,

MDj

Monday, June 29, 2020 6:15 AM

All replies

• See TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server, yes 2014 with SP3 supports TLS 1.2.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, June 29, 2020 6:33 AM
  • Hi Mikkac,

SQL Server 2014 SP3 fully supports TLS 1.2.

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:50 AM
  • Hi Cris,

thanks for the answer. My question was does SQL Express 2014 support TLS 1.2? Can you please confirm that?

Best Regards,

Milan

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:03 AM
  • Hi Milan,

The article provided by Olaf can be used as a reference.

SQL Server SP( Service Pack) and CU(Cumulative update) apply to all Microsoft SQL Server editions( Express, Enterprise, Standard,Web).

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:15 AM
  • Thanks Cris,

Cheers,

Milan

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:18 AM
  • Thanks Olaf!
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:18 AM
  • Hi Mikkac,

I am glad that my reply is helpful to you. 

In order to close this thread, please kindly mark useful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.  Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:05 AM