none
How to hidden password attribute in Service request Service Manager 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I want to hidden password attribute in Service Request. I see that only have clear text for the attributes. It's the same as:

And I want to hidden password for security. It's the same

Can you suggest me for this issue ?

Thanks,

Ha.

Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Ha.,

yes, of course. But for which action do you need the password?

(in the Screenshot  are prompts for Servername and Password).

I hope I can help you to design it different, without prompted for a Password, because I think we can not mask a text here.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:59 PM
  • Hi,

agree with Stefan here, you cannot this, not at least in SCSM. Maybe, using some HTML trick this would be possible, but this is just an assumption.
    There are also additional considerations - even if you manage to mask this in the portal itself, the string will be passed to SCSM and it might appear somewhere else, so Stefan is right with the suggestion of redesigning your workflow.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Ha.,

as far as I know I is nor possible to mask a text like a password in the HTML5-Portal from Microsoft.

Can you describe why you need it?

Regards,

Stefan 

Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Hi Stefan,

I want to hide my password for security. I don't want anyone who knows the password except the one who makes the request.

Thanks,

Ha.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:39 PM
  • Hi Ha.,

yes, of course. But for which action do you need the password?

(in the Screenshot  are prompts for Servername and Password).

I hope I can help you to design it different, without prompted for a Password, because I think we can not mask a text here.

Regards,

Stefan

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:59 PM
  • Yep, Thanks for your help

Ha.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

agree with Stefan here, you cannot this, not at least in SCSM. Maybe, using some HTML trick this would be possible, but this is just an assumption.
    There are also additional considerations - even if you manage to mask this in the portal itself, the string will be passed to SCSM and it might appear somewhere else, so Stefan is right with the suggestion of redesigning your workflow.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:16 PM