none
Windows 7; Windows update is blocked by System Administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to perform Windows Update, I get a message saying System Administrator may be preventing update, but I AM a System Administrator.

How can I get permission to Update Windows 7?

Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:11 AM

Answers

• Looks like some policy has been set wrong. Check Google as there are lots of solutions for fixing policy problems.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe I also am a true vegan and I am very good with economics and I used to play chess at 2400++
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Thanks for the tip Vegan.  As it happens, shortly after posting my question, I learned how to access and use 'Edit Group Policy'   I eventually found that a policy setting that prohibits access to Windows Update was enabled.  I set this one to 'Not Configured' and regained access to Windows Update settings.   Problem is now solved.  Thanks Technet forums.   Kosmolino

Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:33 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the tip Vegan.  As it happens, shortly after posting my question, I learned how to access and use 'Edit Group Policy'   I eventually found that a policy setting that prohibits access to Windows Update was enabled.  I set this one to 'Not Configured' and regained access to Windows Update settings.   Problem is now solved.  Thanks Technet forums.   Kosmolino

Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:33 AM