Successful Installation of Windows Vista Beta2 RC-1 64 Bit Version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! This is really exciting!!!

Never done Beta Testing of any kind ever and I am pleased to inform everyone about my successful installation on my Dual Boot Computer System as of 4:07 PM on 30092006.

This Version was the 64 Bit Version of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition....WOW what an amazing system it is...that day I ran it for nearly 7 hours after the successful boot up and installation.

In the next few weeks I will share my observations as I try using various Computer Games on this system and see what happens.

My System Comprises of my Own Customized Designed system containing the following Hardward Configuration: ASUS MOTHERBOARD P5LD2 DELUXE, 2 GIGS OF DDR2 SDRAM, ATI X600 RADEON VIDEO CARD WITH 64MBS RAM, 2 WESTERN DIGITAL IDE DRIVES ONE IS 80 GB AND THE OTHER 250 GB, ONE DVD R/W SUPER MULTIREAD LG OPTICAL DISC AND ONE SAMSUNG R/W CD ROM,  AN INTEL PENTIUM D DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3.00 MHZ, WITH ASUS WIRELESS NETWORKING CARD CONNECTED TO Sympatico Wireless Modem on their Ultra High Speed Network....

My system is fully integrated with a Daytek 40" HDTV Liquid Crystal Display Monitor with Desktop extended to a Dell Phillips 17" Analogue Computer Monitor....

I am using my system mainly for surfing the web and producing Word Documents and Emails, Gaming, and for Multimedia purposes, transferring my personal Music library of Analogue Vinyl, Cassette Tapes as well as DVDs and CDs and super CDs from the originals and Ripping with the Windows Media Player Version 11 to the Computer Hard Drive Permanent using either MP3 or WM format.

My other Operating will remain as Windows XP Home Edition SP2...as this is my Prime Operating System Environment.....

Hope to tell you more over the next few weeks as I continue to test and put Vista Ultimate through the various stages of testing...

You may not already know there is a site you can visit and download a complete 300 page Product Reference Guide for all of Vista and its various versions..

Visit the main Vista page and follow the links and you should be able to navigate to the link and download the 60 MB Word Document to a DVD ROM and take it for printing to a Print Shop as I did so you can read all about Vista as I am now doing.....

If there is a memory problem trying to download the Word Document because of its immense size and need for memory to go to the Printer Buffer simply copy the link for the download file to an Email and send to the Print Shop doing the job of printing and they will be able to prina as well as download the Word Document to a DVD or CD ROM for you..this is how I did it..so you have a permanent file copy as well as the printed hard copy which as I said is 300 Pages of exciting reading..but that's my opinion...

I am really excited as I am sure all of you are...

Hope this gives you all something to talk about and get back to me with your comments...

Have a very pleasant testing experience as I sure have.....

Keith!!!!

Thursday, October 5, 2006 8:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• You must work for Microsoft
    Friday, October 6, 2006 4:58 PM
  • no dont think so, else would have had RC2 already on his machine. no doubt!  lol

Friday, October 6, 2006 8:31 PM