none
Authenticator app notifications on Google WearOS watch RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Google WearOS watch connected to my Android phone.  I get the Microsoft Authenticator notifications on the watch, but tapping Accept doesn't work if my phone is locked.  If I tap Accept on my watch, then unlock my phone it works.  I find this strange because if I have my phone locked, the Accept / Deny prompt still pops up on the phone screen and I can accept without having to unlock.
    Monday, September 17, 2018 5:00 PM

All replies

• I have a Google WearOS watch connected to my Android phone.  I get the Microsoft Authenticator notifications on the watch, but tapping Accept doesn't work if my phone is locked.  If I tap Accept on my watch, then unlock my phone it works.  I find this strange because if I have my phone locked, the Accept / Deny prompt still pops up on the phone screen and I can accept without having to unlock.

What's worse, SOMETIMES it actually works without unlocking the phone. Based on some informal testing it appears to work if you've recently unlocked the phone and then locked it again, though I have no idea what that "timeout" interval is to where it stops working again. I bought the Wear OS watch (a TicWatch E2) almost entirely for "phone-less" authentication with work, where every single app requires 2FA, so this being so flaky defeats the purpose.

Uwe W.

• Edited by uwradu Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:31 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:30 PM
  • I have the same issue here.
    When I had an iphone and apple watch, it worked every time from the watch.
    From my android wear os watch, it usually dont work.
    I hope this is something that can be fixed, as it is very helpful to not having to fiddle with the mobile to authenticate

-Jannis

Thursday, December 12, 2019 7:05 AM