none
MS Office 2010 detected hardware change You must activate MS office in 2 days. Just did that 3 days ago RRS feed

• Question

• MS Office 2010 detected hardware change You must activate MS office in 2 days. Just did that 3 days ago

Motherboard failed. Put in new mobo (F2A85-M Pro) and cpu (A8-6600K APU), Installed W7 Pro x64  along with a couple hundred updates. Installed MS Office Pro And re-activated by phone. All OK.

This Morning i updated BIOS and Drivers on ASUS website and re-started PC a few times. When I opened Outlook the preceding warning window came up.

What now??? Do I re-activate again?

Mike

Friday, December 13, 2013 6:26 PM

Answers

• With elevated administrator rights (Run as Administrator) run the following from command line

x86
    cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act
    x64
    cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act

Regards

Milos

Thanks Milos,

But I have been unable to make that work. I bit the bullet and reactivated by phone again.

Hopefully for the last time.

Mike

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:41 PM

All replies

• With elevated administrator rights (Run as Administrator) run the following from command line

x86
    x64

Regards

Milos

Friday, December 13, 2013 11:51 PM

x86
    x64

Regards

Milos

Thanks Milos,

But I have been unable to make that work. I bit the bullet and reactivated by phone again.

Hopefully for the last time.

Mike

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Why should office even be looking at the hardware platform.... that is for the OS to deal with......

Big brother wanting to control every aspect of everything again... or is that stiĺl?

Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:00 PM