none
Canon Printer Optional Driver Update RRS feed

• Question

• I ran Windows 8.1 Update.  Available is a Canon MX 922 optional Printer Driver file. I downloaded the driver. The driver is downloaded successfully.  Windows 8.1 does not tell me to re-boot my computer.  However, I did anyway.  I run a software update search again.  The same driver appears under the heading Optional Drivers for my Canon MX922 printer. In the History files of downloaded files, the file that I downloaded appears as being successfully downloaded.  Already checked with Tier 1 and Tier 2 MS support.  They did not know how to solve this issue. Tier 1 ran a bat file and provided me some tweaks in my MS Windows 8.1 files. Still, problem not fixed.  
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 3:20 PM

Answers

• disconnect to the printer, uninstall the driver and then download and install the driver from canon website here:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:31 PM

All replies

• disconnect to the printer, uninstall the driver and then download and install the driver from canon website here:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:31 PM
  • Hi Gary,

What is your current situation?

Is this issue resolved?

Best regards,

Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:52 AM
  • I did as you suggested.  However, it did not resolve my problem.  After I finished your advice, I went to Windows update and they still suggested that I need 1 optional update.  Of course, it was the Canon Printer drivers update.  Thanks for your support even though the solution provided did not work.
    Friday, November 7, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Has not been resolved.  I also received an answer from Mike Martin Moderator.  His solution did not work either.  However, I do thank you for providing me a response even though it did not work.
    Friday, November 7, 2014 12:56 PM