none
Hotmail / Outlook cant open email RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having trouble opening emails in Outlook.  When I click on them, I get white dots running along the top of the page. No matter how long I wait, I can't get any emails to open.  This problem just started happening yesterday...prior to that all was well.  I am running Windows Vista.  Help!

Friday, August 9, 2013 9:25 PM

All replies

• That question can be better asked here

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, August 9, 2013 10:31 PM
  • The first step in any troubleshooting is to clear the browser cache/cookies.

*For Internet Explorer browser: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete
    *For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data
    *For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now
    (other browsers are similar)

For the best experience, you should update your browser to the latest version and make sure the newest version of Microsoft Silverlight is installed and running for browsers that support it.
    Outlook.com is optimized for the following browsers: Windows Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10; Google Chrome 17 and higher; Firefox 10 and higher; and Safari 5.2 on Mac.
    Outlook.com is good on the following browsers, but some features might not display properly: Internet Explorer 7, Google Chrome 16 and 5, Firefox 9 and 5, and Safari 5.1 on Windows or Safari 5 on Windows and Mac.
    Outlook.com isn't supported on the following browsers: Internet Explorer 6 and older, Google Chrome 4 and older, Firefox 4 and older, Safari 4.x and older.......

Advice offered in good faith. It is your decision to implement same. Dyami & Wanikiya, Team ZigZag.

Friday, August 9, 2013 11:07 PM
  • Hi Jazziedog

Based on you description, I would like suggest to you post the question on Office forum for further help.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly
    can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

blair deng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:25 AM