none
DNS record for external website RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure how to create a domain record for an external website in our internal dns. The site has to have www before the domain but users keep forgetting to add that. I'm just not sure what to add and where to add it? 
    Friday, November 22, 2019 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I'm just not sure what to add and where to add it? 

If the external website name is the same with your domain name?

Do you mean that you want to add a DNS record about the domain name has “www”?

You just need to create an "A" record that points to the domain name with “www”.

Like this:

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 2:38 AM
  • You can create the zone (contoso.com) internally on your DNS server then add an empty record for the needed IP. This could work unless if there is a specific configuration on the external site middleware that will prohibit it.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, November 25, 2019 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:33 AM