none
Driver Canon LBP 3000 missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

i have found that my printer (Canon LBP-3000) is supported for Windows 7 in 32 and 64 bit ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Canon%20laser%20shot%20LBP-3000%20Laser%20Printer&v=Canon&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=canon&pageAccurate=No&os=64-bit ).
    But when i connect the printer no driver is found, even when i check it on Windows Update. And on the canon website there is no 64 bit driver for this printer.

Where can i get the driver?

Best regardes

Wils123
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The above link only shows the device is compatible with Windows 7 machine. If you would like to get the driver, please access the link below from Canon website:

Canon software download link

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please assure the printer model. If your printer does not list, you may need contact Canon support for further assistance.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:46 AM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The above link only shows the device is compatible with Windows 7 machine. If you would like to get the driver, please access the link below from Canon website:

Canon software download link

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please assure the printer model. If your printer does not list, you may need contact Canon support for further assistance.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:46 AM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 3:12 AM
  • Hello everybody,

i have found that my printer (Canon LBP-3000) is supported for Windows 7 in 32 and 64 bit ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Canon%20laser%20shot%20LBP-3000%20Laser%20Printer&v=Canon&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=canon&pageAccurate=No&os=64-bit ).
    But when i connect the printer no driver is found, even when i check it on Windows Update. And on the canon website there is no 64 bit driver for this printer.

Where can i get the driver?

Best regardes

Wils123
    Hey Wils.

Strange that the Microsoft site claims this printer is compatible with Windows 7 64-bit, as there has never been a 64bit driver for this printer - not for Vista or Windows 7.

It's definitely compatible with Windows 7 32-bit, but definitely NOT 64-bit - for now at least.

http://support-au.canon.com.au/EN/search?canonsearch=1&lang=EN&category=Printers&series=Laser%20Beam%20Printers%20%28Low-Medium%20Volume%29&model=LASER%20SHOT%20LBP3300&menu=Download lists only 32bit drivers unfortunately.

I think it's just a mistake on the compatibility site, unless MS is aware of plans for Canon to write a new driver for this (older) laser printer - doubtful.

It'd be nice if it was fixed though - there seems to be quite a few people looking for Win7 64-bit drivers for this printer.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.

Monday, November 16, 2009 11:59 AM