Pre release Version of windows RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Team ,

Kindly update on my query " Can we install pre release version of windows 7 in Production Environment "

Your prompt response is highly appreciated

Thanks

Faisal

durranifaisal

Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:53 AM

All replies

• You might be able to but it is advised to never use a pre-release version for any production environment.

All the pre-release version of Windows 7 I installed back in 2008 & 2009 had limited use with an expiration after a specified time of use or a specified date.  So, a pre-release version of Windows 7 from 2008 or 2009 may not even install at this date and time.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Thanks brother your comments are valuable to my report.

regards,

Faisal

durranifaisal

Friday, December 13, 2013 6:37 AM
  • Pre release is the last/end version of beta release. In addition to Rick Dee's post, kindly note that support for Windows 7 pre release has been closed. Moreover, pre release versions contains some bugs that will fixed in RC or mostly in RTM release. Therefore, installation can be made, but is not recommended.

Balaji Kundalam

Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:24 PM