Image Resizer RRS feed

• Question

• I am sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this message.  Does anyone know of a image resizer program that will work with Vista?  I really liked the image resizer (from MS Power Tools) that XP had.  I would like to resize multiple images at a time.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Mike T.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• I also was in love with Image resizer power toy... I used it almost daily. Please Please create one for Vista!!
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:39 PM
  • gday!!
    i too love that little powertoy for image resizing!!
    however my girlfriend just got a new lappy with vista, and it is driving her insane not having the simplicity and ease of the image resizer!!
    please please make a version for vista microsoft!!!
    or anyone else that wants too!?!?!
    regards,
    stevo
    Monday, April 30, 2007 12:51 PM
  • Another vote for a resizer! PRETTY PLEASE!!!
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 4:22 AM
  • I am totally in agreement.  The resizer I used with XP was great.  Any news if there is a version that can be used for VISTA?
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 2:27 PM
  • I found VSO Image resizer on the web.  It will install and work with Vista without any problems.  It also works identical to the XP version.  The web site is as follows:

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/image_resizer.php

Mike T.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:02 AM
  • it's a nice resizer but

I mis the right mouse buttom
    please make the image resizer just as in XP for vista
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:21 AM
  • I agree, need this option soon.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:34 PM
  • I absolutely loved the XP resizer from the Power Tools.  I am hoping and praying that the techies from Microsoft will come up with a Vista version soon.  PLEASE!!
    Sunday, July 1, 2007 8:33 PM
  • I found this a great little tool too.  C'mon MS.  Let's have this in Vista too.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 1:05 PM
  • use 'picture resize genius'. i use it on my vista.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 2:28 PM
  • Ditto.. need this tool for Vista ASAP!!!!!
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:58 PM
  • Just wanted to throw my voice in to plead for this tool!  Don't try to "fancy" it up and add all kinds of extra features either.  The  resizer tool we used in XP was PERFECT!!  Can we please get the same for Vista!?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:38 PM
  • YES - I hope the picture resizer can be provided for Vista.

1st, did anyone try to run the Powertoys on Vista? What happened? ( I guess I'm being both a bit lazy & cautious :-0 )

2nd, it'd be great to be able to set the quality (resolution?).  Tthe XP version lets u change small, medium, & large as well as dimensions, but not the quality (if I remember correctly)...

3rd, any other opinions about other apps that have the same multiple file functionality, especially multiple file renaming, and inclusion on the right mouse button menu. Of course a few more quality settings would be a big plus!

And what about the other PowerToys for Vista? Any news of those being ported to Vista?

Monday, August 27, 2007 5:59 AM
  • I agree with all of you, it's pretty lame the power toys haven't been ported to Vista.  Vista's suppose to make our life easier -- not harder right? Wink

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:04 AM
  • Me too. 

Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:18 PM
  • I am glad someone wrote about this... I have been searching forever thinking there already was a download available...Please please please make one like the XP version!!!!!   ASAP!!!!

Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:24 AM
  • thanks whoever wrote about the VSO resizer... I tried it and it worked great!

Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:30 AM
  •  

I also miss the the easy-to-use right click image re-sizer for XP.

I tried the "VSO Image Resizer" and even though it feels the gap for now and does the job nicely, it is not as easy and one step resize as the XP power toy is.

Thanks for letting us know about the VSO! Smile  

Monday, October 1, 2007 8:31 PM
  •  

I too love Image resizer in Xp. hope microsoft will take our view and modify it for Vista!!
    Friday, October 5, 2007 8:41 AM
  • Same here---where are the Vista power toys?  However, I did just figure out how to resize the images.

1. If you don't already have a mail profile configured, go to control panel -> mail -> add a new profile

(I just made a simple profile with no email servers---just a personal folders file)

2. Select the pictures that you want to resize, click the Email button and choose the size you want.

3. All the resized pictures will show up in a email window.  Just click, File -> Save Attachments to get your resized pictures.

I know this is a really round-about way to do something that should have been super simple in Vista.  Almost makes me want to go back to XP...

Saturday, October 6, 2007 8:14 PM
  • Try this

http://picasa.google.com/

It's got a lot of other stuff with it too, that is probably not needed.

After you have Picasa find your photos select a photo

click the "export" button (at the bottom)

the rest is pretty clear - I think you can do multple photos too

good luck

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:34 PM
  • thanks a lot..I use
    Picasa all of the time, but I didn't know about the resize effect of EXPORT.  RG

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:38 PM
  • how can i get the VSO resizer? thanks for your help!

Thursday, November 1, 2007 6:00 PM
  • You can try out "Free Online Image Resizer/Converter" at Ivertech You can also install their downloadable version that allows you to resize multiple images at a time.  You can right-click on the image file in Vista and resize it on the fly. You can also drag and drop your image files into the program and the program will resize them for you.
    Monday, November 12, 2007 4:58 AM
  • DEAR MICROSOFT,

PLEASE BRING BACK IMAGE RESIZER FOR VISTA.

WE REALLY NEED THIS POWER TOOL... IT ROCKS!!

DON'T CHANGE IT A BIT.... IT'S ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

GMAN

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:55 AM
  • Me TOO!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 3:59 AM
  • Yes I too miss it so much and would love to have it back:-) if i had not gotten vista 64 on my new comp i would have switched back to xp for it:-(

Please Update It!!!

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:06 AM
  • Hey Thanks for the link, i was all bumed out about vista not having a photo resizer but this works as good or better:-) and it's free:-) even the right click works and i have vista 64bit

thanks again i am a happy camper again

Desta

here is the link if anyone else wants it http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/image_resizer.php

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:25 AM
  •  

Unfortunately, it isn't as handy as Power Toys was under XP. Since I was "forced" to accept WIN Vista - it came with the new computer, I presumed to at least have the same conveniences. VSO-resizer isn't as clever by far. That right mouse button was a pleasure. Smile

Otto

Saturday, January 26, 2008 2:40 AM
  •  wediggers wrote:

Hey Thanks for the link, i was all bumed out about vista not having a photo resizer but this works as good or better:-) and it's free:-) even the right click works and i have vista 64bit

thanks again i am a happy camper again

Desta

here is the link if anyone else wants it http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/image_resizer.php

This works a treat like on the old xp version .

Cheers for the link buddy Smile

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:36 PM
  • Thank you so much for this link, it is greatly appreciated.  I didn't know what to do with not having XP anymore.

Sunday, March 9, 2008 1:17 AM
  • Hi:

First of all: Thank you for your referral.

I installed it immediately, and it works, but a bit complicated. It does NOT work quite identical to the resizer of the XP version.

I cannot right click with VSO at a picture and have the "resizer" appear in the drop down window, as previously in the XP.

I now have to start the VSO resizer first, and then a Windows Explorer window opens, where I have to search first for the photos I want to resize.

That is still a big difference.

The only advantage so far I noticed was the "batch" resizing available.

If it does not work exactly as the previous XP version of "resizer", I still will be happy to at least have a substitute to the loved "resizer" of XP.

Otto

• Proposed as answer by TheJollyOne Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:03 AM
    Sunday, March 9, 2008 2:22 AM
  • I downloaded an image resizer called QuickResizer and it works like a charm! 

After installing the image resizer, it automatically adds a context menu item in Windows Explorer.  When you right-click on any picture files in Windows Explorer, the "Resize With QuickResizer" option will be displayed in the drop down window and you can just select it to bring up the resizer.

Besides being able to batch resize all pictures in a folder, you can also drag and drop individual picture files from Windows Explorer into the QuickResizer window.

You can download QuickResizer at: http://www.ivertech.com/quickResizer/default.aspx

Hope this helps!

Sunday, March 9, 2008 3:35 AM
  • right click image resizer  is really essential.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:58 AM
  • I take it back. Resizer works perfectly. The reason why it didn't work before? I changed the default program for pictures, and voila! it made VSO resizer work, too.

The previous default photo editing program had a resizing facility included, and it seems to have blocked the VSO Resizer from installing itself properly.

Problem solved! Thanks again.

Otto

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:56 PM
  • Hi Otto. How do you default the program for picture?

I installed but It does not have Right click....?

Thank you.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:17 AM
  •  

Hi, Tek:

In WIN Vista you click the "Start", that Windows ball in the lower left corner, and then choose Default programs, lower right corner.

There you pick "Associate a file type or protocol with a program", and the scroll down to "Jpeg", or whatever your picture files are, and highlight "jpeg" and see whether you have a program, Windows works with, - in other words >choose (click) on "Change Program" = right top, and then choose a different program then what was set until now as the "default" program. I have "Photo Editor" form MS Office 2000 program, which is compatible with the Resizer.

I imagine that the resizer would work with any Microsoft (MS) program. Try it out. You can also reach me directly at my own email address: seewig@sbcglobal.net

Good luck.

I also must say that you will have to restart the computer after installing "VSO Resizer", or else it won't come up.

Let me know how it went.

Otto

Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:15 AM
  • Hi Otto.  Got your message...did all that ....still did not work....

I finally had to Uninstall WD Live photo......And There is my VSO  Right Click.....Its back..

I had this for awhile  since I accidentally installed stupid WD Live photo...Then IT Disappeared...

Thanks for helping.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:48 PM
  • Glad to be of help. Never thought that I could help, as I came to this forum for help myself.

You are right! It was not only the change of the default program, but actually the uninstalling of a photo editing program that seemed to have taken hold of the whole editing process.

Good luck,

Otto

Saturday, April 12, 2008 4:21 PM
  • Otto.  I'm sure,I'll be back here to learn more from all of you  ...Since Vista is still New to me...But NO complain...

I like Vista.....Like to learn from the kind people like you.....Thanks again.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 4:53 PM
  •  

Can anyone help me, I can't resize my animation file as it inbetween DPI's and i need it to be an exact size (pixels).

Can anyone suggest a fix for it?

Saturday, April 12, 2008 5:45 PM
  • Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to this thread.

1 year old and still no "Official" response to the question, will Windows Vista get an image resizer powertool just like the XP one?

I too am a great big fan of that little tool, my workplace use Vista, but I prefer XP still for just this sort of reason. So I often end up taking work home. Come on Microsoft, pay attention.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:58 AM
  • Hi Muck... I don't think we r gona have it any time soon...... Until Vista has SP2 and is very stable before MS thinks about having more softwares to us.

But then again ....You have the right to DREAM....Good Luck.

(BTW...Whats wrong with "VSO Resizer", It works great for me )

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:58 PM
  •  

If you want a VISTA Image Resizer PowerToy that is JUST LIKE the old XP one, then you need this:

http://www.powerhourgame.com/windows_vista_image_resizer_powertoy_prish_image_resizer.htm

Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:14 AM
  • Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:15 AM
  •  incomespiders wrote:

Here.. just like the XP one but for vista.

http://www.powerhourgame.com/windows_vista_image_resizer_powertoy_prish_image_resizer.htm

That is a dead link as that domain is for sale!

Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:54 PM
  • Hi Buddy, thanks for this link, grateful to you.... Narinder

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:21 PM
  •  incomespiders wrote:

Here.. just like the XP one but for vista.

Thanks for posting this, it works great.

C'mon microsoft, if you want vista to be accepted, GIVE US OUR POWERTOYS!   

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:06 AM
  • Interesting, Marc, since I went there, installed the resizer and - it works, too!

Perhaps, try again!?

Otto S.   Smile

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:30 AM
  •  

It does now, strange, the link dead at the time I checked.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:50 AM
  • I've taken the effort of signing in making profile and all that, we usually would not bother with. But i do this too make sure that all Technical People at Microsoft make sure that this application is moving up the charts as a must have. Please make image resizer for VISTA!

Thank you

Saturday, August 9, 2008 7:27 AM
  • Just got forced to buying a new laptop and had no choice but going to Vista. Besides printer, scanner, and other software not being able to work with Vista, PowerToys is not available. I WANT IMAGE RESIZER BACK!  Hellooo McFly anyone in there? Are you listening? Give people what they like about a program, not take it away!

Probably to late since Microsoft is gonna dump Vista soon since Windows 7 is expected to be out in 2010/2011.

Maybe I should just buy Windows XP Professional for $100 and save all the headaches from Vista.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:10 PM
  • There is another Image Resizer Clone made for Windows Vista that operates the way the Microsoft Power Toy Image Resizer for Windows XP did.

Click Here to DownLoad Vista Image Resizer Clone
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/phototoysclone/

Click Here to View a Demo on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxHQAnWRC0&feature=related

Click Here for an Alternate Place to DownLoad from:
    • Proposed as answer by TheJollyOne Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:04 AM
    • Edited by TheJollyOne Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:12 PM HTML Code Didn't Behave Right~!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:02 AM
  •   There is another Image Resizer Clone made for Windows Vista that operates the way the Microsoft Power Toy Image Resizer for Windows XP did.

Click Here to DownLoad Vista Image Resizer Clone

Click Here to View a Demo on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxHQAnWRC0&feature=related

Click Here for an Alternate Place to DownLoad from:

• Proposed as answer by TheJollyOne Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:03 AM
  • I've posted this before; however, since the thread has been resurrected from the dead, I'll post it again:
    VSO Image Resizer
    Having used both the Image Resizer Powertoy, as well as VSO (and, both on a regular basis, having both XP and Vista systems for daily use), I do have to say that i like VSO better.  More features, more control; still integrates with the shell just as the powertoy did.

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:09 AM
  • Thanks for reposting Chris, I am about to download it. I am doing a photo project searching around google and in disbelief (denial?) that MS didn't basically roll all of the XP power toys into Vista. As the earlier post said  "HELLO MCFLY..." 
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by bigjosh Sunday, May 3, 2009 11:03 PM
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 11:02 PM
  • Hey Thanks wediggers ( Desta ) .

your link was very help full for me. I also have a 64-bit version of Genuine Windows Vista. This resizer tool should add to the OS and it's really need. Please Microsoft do that in the future.

for all users FYI Please use the above link for this good, usefull picture resizer tool.

Meny thanks to the guys who originally posted the link & to Desta.

Cheers.

Desert Fox

Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:22 AM
  • Hey Thanks Mike T .

Your link was very help full for me. I also have a 64-bit version of Genuine Windows Vista. This resizer tool should add to the OS and it's really need. Please Microsoft do that in the future.

for all users FYI Please use the above link for this good, usefull picture resizer tool.

Meny thanks to you & to Desta.

Cheers.

Desert Fox

Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:33 PM
  • VSO Image Resizer has changed of owner, the new program is called Light Image Resizer and can be found here : 

http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resizer/

Still free for personal use

Photo resizing software is compatible with windows 7, 32 or 64bits

Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:34 PM