Add .NET Application freezes Opsman Console and never returns RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add an .NET Application and when I try adding the URL (ie Default.htm) from any of of the servers the Opsman Console and the UI freezes. Ultimately, I have to kill the process through task manager. I can add other applications but this one. Any ideas?

Thanks

David Young

David Chicago Public Schools
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• I assume this field waits for "*.aspx" pattern and possibly other extensions like .ASMX or .SVC might cause a problem. What is the exact URL you are trying to put there? (you can change the sensitive data with other names but preserve any spec. symbols/extensions)

Dmitry Matveev
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:21 PM

All replies

• David,

I can't say what's wrong there.. Assuming you are trying to browse for the page and the UI freezes then, maybe you could try to type in the page name and see if that works (as a workaround). 

Alex Shlega, GotchaHunter.Net
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Hello DaveGuy,

What is the place where you try to open the URL while adding .NET Application for AVIcode monitoring?

If it's transactions page - ASPX is expected and the bug is potentially here.

Dmitry Matveev
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:03 AM
  • This is for an transaction page for the application.

David Young

David Chicago Public Schools
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:07 PM
  • I assume this field waits for "*.aspx" pattern and possibly other extensions like .ASMX or .SVC might cause a problem. What is the exact URL you are trying to put there? (you can change the sensitive data with other names but preserve any spec. symbols/extensions)

Dmitry Matveev
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:21 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:57 PM