none
No drivers for Canon Lide 500F RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hello,
    i find no drivers for my Canon Lide 500F.

http://www.canon-europe.com/for_home/product_finder/scanners/flatbed_with_film_scanning/canoscanlide500f/

Hi

If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers for that device, download the Vista drivers and install them using the Compatibility Mode option.

Right click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the options shown in the following image.

Click Apply/OK.

Right click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

I also recommend that you contact the maker of that device and inquire about future support for Windows 7.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Saturday, May 16, 2009 12:21 PM
  • As of now, latest driver available from Canon (11.2.2.0 built on 05.07.2005) works only half-way. It's a classic TWAIN-driver, and I believe Win7 uses another driver model for that.
    You can use it in any TWIAN-based app (like GIMP or Photoshop) but not the new bundled tools.
    It's showing in "Scanners and Cameras", but "Windows Fax and Scan" is showing error "No scanners were detected". I couldn't find a way to attach files here, so no proof screenshots for now :(

Paul Garmashov
    IT Dept Chief
    Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:26 AM
  • If there is a full featured version of the driver for Windows XP, you can follow these steps to install it and should get full functionality.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:20 PM