none
Deploy Zoom Video calling as a package immediately after OSD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I am looking for help.

We have SCCM TS which has 5 default package like (AV, OfficePro, etc..) I don't want to load my TS so wondering if I can package Zoom Video calling application and deploy the package as mandatory collection to all new Systems build i.e right after my OSD is complete.

Existing machines already have Zoom installed so I want to exclude them from the above deployment.

How can I achieve this?

I created query rule like system.resource.client =1 and enabled "Use Incremental updates for this collection" which return me my all PCs in environment. But not the newly built PCs.

Friday, June 12, 2020 6:13 AM

Answers

• I deploying package using Package model.

Why? That doesn't make sense; the App model is so much better and explicitly handles one of your main requirements here.

As for the query, try this one:

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId in (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where AgentName in ('MP_ClientRegistration') and DATEDIFF(hh,AgentTime,GetDate()) < 24)

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Marked as answer by Deep990 Sunday, June 21, 2020 11:03 AM
    Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:41 PM

All replies

• Existing machines already have Zoom installed so I want to exclude them from the above deployment.

You don't really need to exclude them at all as that's the point of the detection method within Application deployment types.

Thus, it's really just a matter of making sure the detection is correct (which is a standard task anyway), and then deploying the application to all in scope systems. As soon as they check-in, fall within the targeted collection, and update their machine policy, they will get the app. This will ensure that all devices that are supposed to have it installed have it installed now and in the future as well.

A good query for new clients is as follows:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where ResourceId in (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where AgentName in ('MP_ClientRegistration') and DATEDIFF(hh,AgentTime,GetDate()) < 24 )

That's for new clients within the last 24 hours but you can tweak it of course. 

You may want to create a custom device setting as well targeted to just this collection to decrease the machine policy polling interval to something much shorter like every 10-15 minutes. I don't recommend doing this for all clients, but for a limited scope of new systems, that will help this scenario.

Finally, you can enable incremental updates or decrease the collection update interval on these two collections as well to decrease the amount of time it takes to update these two collections.

Friday, June 12, 2020 1:46 PM

The query you mentioned has returned me 4K+ clients which is not the case in my environment. It's incorrect.

I don't see 4K + clients build in last 24 hours.

More help needed.

Saturday, June 13, 2020 7:09 AM

Why? That doesn't make sense; the App model is so much better and explicitly handles one of your main requirements here.

As for the query, try this one:

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId in (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where AgentName in ('MP_ClientRegistration') and DATEDIFF(hh,AgentTime,GetDate()) < 24)

• Marked as answer by Deep990 Sunday, June 21, 2020 11:03 AM
    Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:41 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Jason. We can use detection methods to discover whether a device has already installed an application. If the detection method indicates the application is installed, Configuration Manager doesn't attempt to install it again.
    For more information, see:
    Deployment type Detection Method options

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 15, 2020 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the above reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:24 AM
  • Thanks, the query is has helped me 

Sunday, June 21, 2020 11:05 AM