none
Drivers for Canon i6100 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Anyone know where I can get drivers for my Canoni6100 to work on Win7 64bit?

Thanks

Monday, June 14, 2010 6:18 AM

Answers

• I tried that but it then tells me to find the driver from the list and its not there

At that point press the "Windows Update" button to draw the drivers off of Windows Update.

The drivers should then appear in the list as "Canon Inkjet i6100".

• Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, June 21, 2010 1:52 AM
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:42 AM

All replies

• Just a thought, you mean win 7 wouldn't detect the printer and assign a driver when you plugged in the printer to the comp and power on? If it doesn't, then you would need to download the drivers from here and do take note the driver at cnet is mean for win 98 and xp, it doesn't even have driver for vista, not to mention win 7. What you can actually do is install the drivers and run it under xp compatble mode in win 7 and next run as adminstrator
    Monday, June 14, 2010 8:02 AM
    Answerer
  • Just a thought, you mean win 7 wouldn't detect the printer and assign a driver when you plugged in the printer to the comp and power on? If it doesn't, then you would need to download the drivers from here  and do take note the driver at cnet is mean for win 98 and xp, it doesn't even have driver for vista, not to mention win 7. What you can actually do is install the drivers and run it under xp compatble mode in win 7 and next run as adminstrator

Its on a XP network, plugged into the main PC, and shared across the network.

There is another PC in the network that also runs XP and then my new Laptop that is Win764 bit. No problem using the printer on both XP machines.

The Laptop (Win7) can see the Printer in the shared folder but when I go to add it as a network printer to the Laptop, it tells me it cant find drivers for it and to specify where the drivers are.. I tried the set up CD but it came back that the drivers are not compatible with Win7. I downloaded the latest drivers at Canon and it wont accept it..say they are for a 32 bit platform and cant be installed on a 64bit machine. I had tried the link you posted before and the download link is broken and the driver date is older than the one at the canon site.

The other  printer on the network (HPF380) added fine as windows7 found drivers....

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:30 AM
  • Try adding the printer as a "local printer" in Windows 7:

Start > Devices and Printers > Add a printer > Add a local printer > Create a new port and in the drop-down box make sure "Local Port" is selected > Next > then under "Enter a port name" enter the path to the networked printer - \\computer name\printer name > OK
    Monday, June 14, 2010 12:35 PM
  • Just a thought, you mean win 7 wouldn't detect the printer and assign a driver when you plugged in the printer to the comp and power on? If it doesn't, then you would need to download the drivers from here and do take note the driver at cnet is mean for win 98 and xp, it doesn't even have driver for vista, not to mention win 7. What you can actually do is install the drivers and run it under xp compatble mode in win 7 and next run as adminstrator

Except, you cannot install 32-bit drivers on 64-bit Windows in any mode.
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:46 PM
  • I tried that but it then tells me to find the driver from the list and its not there
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:14 AM
  • Exactly
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:19 AM

At that point press the "Windows Update" button to draw the drivers off of Windows Update.

The drivers should then appear in the list as "Canon Inkjet i6100".

• Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, June 21, 2010 1:52 AM
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:42 AM
  • Thank  You..Thank You..Thank You......You  are a  star ******
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:59 AM
  • Try downloading the driver from Windows Update and see if it works: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=i6100

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:05 AM