none
Links in IE8 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I get more and more of this. My windows 7 running IE8 doesn't open up links I click on. What should I do? I have the RC7 release. And for example doesn't some of the links in this forum work for me. The technet mail I also subscribe to have links in it and I try to open some of them nothing happens.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:56 PM

All replies

• I am using build 7100 and I get locked up trying to use backup. In fact the process icon is still showing "Backup in progress" in the tray even though no backup ever started. I was saving to a separate partition. In the event this is a corrupt install, what am I supposed to do? ReInstall? I am also having trouble logging into my email accounts. I use MS Outlook2002 and everytime I log in I am asked for my password, even though I have saved it. WHat gives there? Also I am prevented from following links in email and webpages. I click on a link and nothing happens. This is less of a problem since I turned off Protected Mode in IE, meaning more links work but not all. Hoping some help will come my way.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 11:33 AM