none
Backup not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone; few days ago I've started to use the Microsoft Authenticator App (Android) and I've logged in my Microsoft account for creating the backup, however it seems that my backup doesn't update because the date of the last update is the same date of the creation of the backup (I've added other accounts in the app after turning on the backup option). I've checked in the menu but I can't find an option that allows me to "force" the sync. How can I make sure that the backup is keeping all the various accounts that I've added and that I will add in the future? Keeping the backup up to date is important for me. Thank you so much for your time and for your assistance
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:18 AM

All replies

• Turn backup off then on again.
    Sunday, October 6, 2019 9:45 AM
  • looks like if you add 10 accounts let's say, and your backup is not automatically done, try disable the feature and enable it again. I have tested for myself. All the accounts are there in the restore process.

so it's a bug. the backup does not work automatically.

Saturday, December 21, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Same happened bto me . I have lost my Twitter account..just because this auto backuo
    • Proposed as answer by Chikita Isaac Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:09 AM
  • I have the same issue (Android 9 on Nokia 6.1). The app requests me to sign in to backup and then says 'something went wrong' in typical Microsoft fashion. When I try to disable cloud backup in the settings, and choose 'delete', it also says 'something went wrong', and asks me to send the logs. Last update was in Dec 15th, so it has been broken since then. In the help menu, in 'view logs', there is some info indicating network errors and some exceptions thrown when trying to delete the backup. Seems like some buggy code to me.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:57 PM
  • Sorry If my phone broked How Can I recover the access to codes if I don’t realized backup copy Athenticator App on my old IPhone. Please help me if you can do it 😔😔😔😔
    • Proposed as answer by Chikita Isaac Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:25 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2020 6:20 AM