none
Remove expired email account from Windows 8 Mail app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Having some troubles with an email account I added quite some time ago. It's a school email from a university I have since then graduated from, and they have a policy that after some time, the account gets deactivated. 

This causes me to have to display "Needs attention" and will have me sign in again before I can access any of the settings. This makes me unable to remove the account.

Is there an alternate way of removing it?

Best regards,
    Ceteareth

• Edited by Ceteareth Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:26 AM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:15 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Alright I get the problem and I'm guessing you would not require anything from that expired e- mail account, such as contacts or your old e-mails.

If you've already backed up everything from your expired account here's how we can get rid of the account from the APP

We would need to UNINSTALL and RE-INSTALL it….. But there's a way to do it..

First UNINSTALL the app and then RE-ISNTALL it…

....BUT DONT OPEN THE APPLICATION YET

Alright, here is the key part that allows you to REMOVE AND RE-ACCESS.......

DISCONNECT from the internet. and now OPEN the app. You will automatically be greeted with a message stating that the app can not sync because there is no internet connection, and if you would like to retry.

Select CANCEL.

Go to your options menu, and select accounts again...and NOW...OFFLINE, You should be able to access the account settings.

Update the password here OR completely remove the account....

In your case it's a EXPIRED account, so REMOVE the account

Once the accounts have been removed, EXIT the APP. REBOOT...and then once rebooted RECONNECT to the internet.

Load your app and you will be prompted to add a new account.

Let me know if that helped resolve your problem

Regards

John Chris

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried this

1) Activate the charm bar with win -C

2) Go to Settings then Accounts then Click on the account you want to delete, scroll all the way down on the accounts settings page, and click on the remove account button.

Lemme know if that worked

Regards

John chris

• Edited by SpaceDirt Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by SpaceDirt Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ceteareth Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:54 AM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, as the Sign In banner appears before I can access any settings on the specified account. If I try to cancel this, I'm back at square one. Sorry if this was unclear in my initial post. 

Regards,
    Ceteareth

Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:50 AM
  •  

Hi,

Alright I get the problem and I'm guessing you would not require anything from that expired e- mail account, such as contacts or your old e-mails.

If you've already backed up everything from your expired account here's how we can get rid of the account from the APP

We would need to UNINSTALL and RE-INSTALL it….. But there's a way to do it..

First UNINSTALL the app and then RE-ISNTALL it…

....BUT DONT OPEN THE APPLICATION YET

Alright, here is the key part that allows you to REMOVE AND RE-ACCESS.......

DISCONNECT from the internet. and now OPEN the app. You will automatically be greeted with a message stating that the app can not sync because there is no internet connection, and if you would like to retry.

Select CANCEL.

Go to your options menu, and select accounts again...and NOW...OFFLINE, You should be able to access the account settings.

Update the password here OR completely remove the account....

In your case it's a EXPIRED account, so REMOVE the account

Once the accounts have been removed, EXIT the APP. REBOOT...and then once rebooted RECONNECT to the internet.

Load your app and you will be prompted to add a new account.

Let me know if that helped resolve your problem

Regards

John Chris

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Hi,

Ceteareth.. any news, did it work

Regards

john chris

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:09 PM