none
Why Physical Memory is full? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Windows.Geek.

Click the "Show processes from all users" button to have the complete list of the running processes: maybe some memory blocks have been allocated by some process and not been released yet.
    I would also suggest you to download and execute Process Explorer, a more featured Windows task manager: it could help you locating the processes that could be mainly responsible for this high RAM usage.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, May 6, 2019 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I agree with Luigi Bruno, we need to first check detailed information of the current running process. Or we click on "Resource Monitor" button on the second figure. 

Or we suggest you could use windows tool Process Explorer to analyze process elaborately. Please refer to the following link:

Process Explorer v16.22

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Hope above information can help. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going on? 

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Friday, May 10, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Thank you.

I will test and tell the result here.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Welcome. I'll stand by with you.

Best regards,

Michael

Monday, May 13, 2019 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Friday, May 17, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Thank you for your patience:

Any idea?

Thanks.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Thank you for your patience:

Any idea?

Thanks.

Two of the first three listed processes are well known, the important thing is looking within the instance of the svchost.exe process to know which processes are hosted within it that are consuming such a huge amount of memory.
    Run Process Explorer, hover the mouse hover each instance of svchost and you'll see a tooltip listing all the services/processes running within it

Then you'll be able to decide whether you can disable some services to reduce the memory footprint of each svchost running instance.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Saturday, May 18, 2019 9:30 PM
  • In run,type: regedit.In regedit,expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Current Control Set/Control/scroll toSessionManager/MemoryManagement...Locate DisablePagingExecutive,L.click on it,go up to Modify,set to 1 from 0

Exit regedit,restart pc.This sets memory to ram instead of Page-File/Virtual memory

This is a Intel Performance setting

Sunday, May 19, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Friday, May 31, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Michael

Thursday, June 6, 2019 6:15 AM
  • In run,type: regedit.In regedit,expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Current Control Set/Control/scroll toSessionManager/MemoryManagement...Locate DisablePagingExecutive,L.click on it,go up to Modify,set to 1 from 0

Exit regedit,restart pc.This sets memory to ram instead of Page-File/Virtual memory

This is a Intel Performance setting

Problem not solved.
    Monday, June 10, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update.

For now, I still couldn't find any clue, I'm afraid you might need to contact  Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) so that a dedicated Support Professional can help you on this issue.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/worldwide.aspx

Appreciate your support and understanding.

Best regards,

Michael

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:59 AM