none
remove password from .pst file RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

How to remove forgetten password from .pst file.

I use OS win7 professional and Ms office 2013. So please help me for removing forgetting pst password.

When I add pst file in new outlook. Then Pst file ask password.

please help me.

I will be thank ful to you.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:50 AM

Answers

• the goals of a password is to protect the contents from anyone who does not know the password.

As far as I know, there are no tools provided by Microsoft to remove, alter or read the password from a protected pst file. It might even violate local laws to do so.

https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/I-forgot-my-Personal-Folders-file-pst-password-cfaec399-0de7-4f8f-a81b-918b38867ed6

Some third parties might claim to have tools that remove, alter or read the pst password, but I should urge you to be prudent when testing/using such tools (or paying for them).

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Hi crimsoune,

As SenneVL mentioned that password is to protect the contents from anyone who does not know the password. So Microsoft could not support this kind of issue.

Warm remainder:We should never forget password. So always set that kind password which is much familiar and in any case if we forget that then it would help us. Always write your password in a diary, on your cell phone and somewhere else.

Regards

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:20 AM

All replies