none
Cannot Access Windows 7 System Administrator Account RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot access the system administrators account on my Windows 7 desktop. This just started happening today, never had a problem before this. I can access (meaning open and use) all four other standard accounts. But when I click on the icon for my system admin account the screen just says "Welcome" and spins trying to open the account. It does not prompt for a password.  Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As my understanding, your meaning is the system freezes on Welcome screen. If I misunderstand your words, please feel free to let me know.

Can you boot into Sate Mode?

I suspect the administrator account profile conflicts, you could use system restore feature to fix this issue to fix a corrupted user profile:

How to use System Restore to log on to Windows 7 or Windows Vista when you lose access to an account

Also, to fix this issue to fix a corrupted user profile, you could do the steps mentioned in the link below:

Fix a corrupted user profile

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 29, 2010 9:25 AM