none
Bitlocker RRS feed

• Question

• Having some major problems with bitlocker after changing the bios startup order. On booting up with the bitlocker startup key inserted I provide the PIN as normal. I then get a screen saying that the system boot information has changed and the recovery key is required. But trying to recover, It brings up a Windows Boot manager failure with status 0xc0210000, saying the action could not be completed because the Bitlocker Drive encryption key required to unlock the volume could not be obtained.

Booting to a recovery disk, I was unable to unlock the drive with manage-bde. Then I tried repair-bde but got the following:

repair-bde E: -NoOutputVolume -lf F:\repair.log -rk F:\00000000-1111-22222-3333-4444-55555555555.bek

Cannot use F:\00000000-1111-22222-3333-4444-55555555555.bek to unlock the input volume. Please try a different recovery password or recovery key.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

-NoOutputVolume (-nov)

This parameter is not supported for attempting in-place repairs of a Windows 7 BitLocker drive.

To avoid additional data loss, you should have a spare hard drive available. Use this spare drive to store decrypted output or to back up the contents of the damaged volume.

Let’s specify an additional drive to store decrypted output or to back up the contents of the damaged volume.

Also, if you boot into WinRE, you need use diskpart.exe to check the  volume drive letters, make sure we are using the correct parameters.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

-NoOutputVolume (-nov)

This parameter is not supported for attempting in-place repairs of a Windows 7 BitLocker drive.

To avoid additional data loss, you should have a spare hard drive available. Use this spare drive to store decrypted output or to back up the contents of the damaged volume.

Let’s specify an additional drive to store decrypted output or to back up the contents of the damaged volume.

Also, if you boot into WinRE, you need use diskpart.exe to check the  volume drive letters, make sure we are using the correct parameters.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Alex Zhao

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:47 AM