none
Having trouble removing a student email account from the Windows Mail App because the school has started using office 365 for thier email which i dont have access to RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to remove a gmail account that was set up by a community college for use on their mail servers and then find out that after awhile they have locked you out because they have started using office 365 for their emails and you are left with a student email account that you have no idea how to delete because you have missied out on deleting it before they changed to a different email provider?

Anybody with ideas please help because I don't know what to do

Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So it is not a email account added in Mail App, but a Microsoft Account (a gmail account tied to a community college )created in your system?

If you have the gmail passowrd, you can simply disconnect the Microsoft Account from the user acount, launch "Change PC Settings"\"Account".

If you have another Admin accout in the system, then you can logon to that account, then delete the Microsoft Account if you don't need the user account any more. (Control panel\User Accounts\Manage another account).

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding to Windows Mail App, do you mean the Modern UI App in Windows 8.1? Do you mean that you want to remove the email account from Mial App? Generally, we can simply remove the account by the "Account" option in Mail App (Open Mail App, move the mouse the right chram bar, click Account, then click the mail account\Remove account), but if the email acocunt is tied with the Microsoft Account which is used on the pc, in that case, it is unavailable to remove the email account, you need to contact your college to disconnect the Microsoft Account.

If I'm misunderstanding something, please free correct me.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, January 23, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Actually it was a gmail account tied to a community college that I used to go to

reason I wanted to delete it was that the college started using office 365 as their email program instead of gmail but actually I got it taken care of on my own

Friday, January 23, 2015 2:43 AM
  • Hi,

So it is not a email account added in Mail App, but a Microsoft Account (a gmail account tied to a community college )created in your system?

If you have the gmail passowrd, you can simply disconnect the Microsoft Account from the user acount, launch "Change PC Settings"\"Account".

If you have another Admin accout in the system, then you can logon to that account, then delete the Microsoft Account if you don't need the user account any more. (Control panel\User Accounts\Manage another account).

Yolanda Zhu

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:54 AM