none
install ms Edge fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, in my lab collection, when i try to install i receive the following message "Unmatched exit code (1) is considered an execution failure.", if i run the Set-ExecutionPolicy -executionpolicy unrestricted, then the installation is succesfully, if i try to modify the PS script, the signature was fail, how can i install the EDGE browser using SCCM then?

Raulito

Friday, January 10, 2020 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This article shows you how to automate a Microsoft Edge deployment by using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/deploy-edge-with-configuration-manager

We can download the Microsoft Edge Enterprise installation files (MicrosoftEdgeDevEnterpriseX64.msi and/or MicrosoftEdgeDevEnterpriseX86.msi) from the Microsoft Edge Enterprise landing page.
    Also, make sure you store the Microsoft Edge installation files in an accessible network location.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:49 AM
  • The preceding article is a very good step by step document to install MS EDGE using SCCM application deployment, however, to install MS EDGE using the new feature of Microsoft Edge management, so to achieve this, what I did was generate a PS script to set the value of Set-Execution Policy to RemoteSigned, this script I sent to the computers where you wanted to install the EDGE using the new feature and it worked great.

Raulito

• Marked as answer by Vientos Monday, January 13, 2020 1:01 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2020 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This article shows you how to automate a Microsoft Edge deployment by using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/deploy-edge-with-configuration-manager

We can download the Microsoft Edge Enterprise installation files (MicrosoftEdgeDevEnterpriseX64.msi and/or MicrosoftEdgeDevEnterpriseX86.msi) from the Microsoft Edge Enterprise landing page.
    Also, make sure you store the Microsoft Edge installation files in an accessible network location.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:49 AM
  • The preceding article is a very good step by step document to install MS EDGE using SCCM application deployment, however, to install MS EDGE using the new feature of Microsoft Edge management, so to achieve this, what I did was generate a PS script to set the value of Set-Execution Policy to RemoteSigned, this script I sent to the computers where you wanted to install the EDGE using the new feature and it worked great.

Raulito

• Marked as answer by Vientos Monday, January 13, 2020 1:01 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2020 1:01 PM
  • Not sure will it work, but I added on Application Deployment type -Setexecutionpolicy bypass. Maybe it will work.

MCSA Win10, MCSE Mobility, MCSA M365.

Monday, June 22, 2020 8:15 AM