none
Using Keyboard to Record a Response and Advance to Next Row RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of creating a multiple choice questionnaire, and have designed drop down menus for each response option to record said responses. Essentially, I have set up a Question # column, the response options, and the response given by a test taker (green column)

However, because this particular questionnaire might be given in real time, I'm wondering whether it's possible to a). design the response column (doesn't have to use a drop down menu) in such a way that I am able to indicate a respondents answer by pressing a letter on the keyboard that corresponds to one of the five options, and b). will then advance to the next row.

For example, in the attached workbook, is it possible to set up a system whereby if a respondent chooses "AN", I could press "A" on the keyboard, and the drop-down menu could then recognize that keystroke, fill the response with "AN" and advance to the next row. I'm just looking for a way to avoid using the mouse to select the option the respondent chooses for the sake of efficiency. 

I have attached a sample workbook which will hopefully clarify what I'm attempting to do.

SampleWB

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

D.

Monday, July 27, 2020 10:50 PM

Answers