Installation of SP2 successful on first attempt, but computer says it's not applicable to this system. RRS feed

• Question

• Installation was a breeze.  It said it would take an hour but it only took 10 minutes.  Of course the fact that I shut down my anti-virus program as soon as I realized what it was downloading might have had something to do with that.  But this computer can never be truly happy with life because now it says that even though installation of SP2 was completely successful it is not applicable to this computer.  Right,,, a Vista computer and a Vista service pack but it's not applicable.  Maybe Microsoft should work on improving the personality aspect of computers and teach them to be happy with the little things in life, like Service Packs that install easily with no problems.  Teach it to count it's blessings instead of always finding a reason to complain.  This message is actually to say "Thank You" and "Good Job Microsoft".  I appreciate you even though my computer doesn't. 
    Cinful
    Friday, May 29, 2009 1:48 PM

All replies

• Okay, Maybe I spoke too soon.  As soon as SP2 was installed, my computer started all over again with TCPIP problem.  It can't find the hashes ,,, you know it,, same old prob.  Cute, as long as it doesn't become a real problem.
    Cinful
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 6:09 PM